Youtube to Windows Movie Maker

• Discuss Youtube to Windows Movie Maker in the Technology Corner forum in area BMX-Forum Community - more stuff; Is there anyway I can get a video off of Youtube and get it onto windows movie maker? My friend and I filmed a little and he put it together and put it... ...
NewS3

NewS3

Youtube to Windows Movie Maker post #1
Is there anyway I can get a video off of Youtube and get it onto windows movie maker? My friend and I filmed a little and he put it together and put it on youtube but I want to change some of it. I can't figure out. Maybe someone could help.
Thanks guys

I

itsallinthemix

Youtube to Windows Movie Maker post #2
Yes there is.

The video off youtube will most probably be in FLV format (flash video) so you need to download a program that will convert the FLV file to an MPG or AVI file that Windows Movie Maker will recognise. I've used a program called Riva FLV Encoder. You can download it free off the internet somewhere. You can set the video screen size and quality too so it's quite a flexible program.

But your best bet would be to get the original video or footage from your friend as it'll be of a slightly higher quality than the youtube download.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Smickus

Youtube to Windows Movie Maker post #3
get firefox and get the flv downloading plug in

NewS3

NewS3

Youtube to Windows Movie Maker post #5
Thanks a lot guys

NewS3

NewS3

Youtube to Windows Movie Maker post #6
I can't find the video in the Temp folder...

S

screwglue

Youtube to Windows Movie Maker post #7
since when can u downlaod crap from youtube?

I

itsallinthemix

Youtube to Windows Movie Maker post #8
You need yet another program top be able to do that also. The one I use is called TubeSucker and it works a treat, there's a trial version you can download off the internet just do a search and it should come up. Or you can use a website such as http://keepvid.com that will give you the URL for a direct download of the video file that you want by typing in the YouTube URL. Then of course you'll probably need an FLV player to be able to play them.

Geesh I am such a geek........... :?

New Topics