Your opinion on 2 frames....?

• Discuss Your opinion on 2 frames....? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Forget the price difference and the brand name. What frame do think is better.....the Premium Products or DK Weapon? they look almost identical. :? ...
  • Tags bike parts
R

rocket

Your opinion on 2 frames....? post #1
Forget the price difference and the brand name. What frame do think is better.....the Premium Products or DK Weapon?

they look almost identical. :?

F

federal_rider12

Your opinion on 2 frames....? post #2
dk weapon--i meet with a guy who use to work at dk and he said it has gone through alot of work and is a great bike, that may sound like he is tryin to make people buy dk products but he told what products were good and what werent like the best stem they made was like 2021(i think)aluminum and worst stuff like the newer general lee's

RuLe

RuLe

Your opinion on 2 frames....? post #3
i got to go with

Premium Products

I love everything they have but 90% of their stuff is way to much but it is great

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Your opinion on 2 frames....? post #4
looks can be deciving, the weapon is far superior.

weapon: 100% USA made chromoly, True Temper, heat-treated, double butted top and downtubes, single butted chain stays and seat tube, mseat stay mounted U-brake mounts. 5 lbs. 12.8 oz

premium: just 4130 cro-mo (im not even sure if it is american) integrated headset (ok one up on the weapon if you like that type of thing), heat treated drop outs, macined seat tube, quite thin double butted tubing, which is not heat treated, 5.6lbs

the premium is not bad, its just not as good as the weapon. the weapon specs speack for itself.

I

infantry43RIDER

Your opinion on 2 frames....? post #5
yup i would say weapon.
the premium frame is really just a trend.

R

rocket

Your opinion on 2 frames....? post #6
Mr_Shrapnel wrote:
weapon: 100% USA made chromoly, True Temper, heat-treated, double butted top and downtubes, single butted chain stays and seat tube, mseat stay mounted U-brake mounts. 5 lbs. 12.8 oz

premium: just 4130 cro-mo (im not even sure if it is american) integrated headset (ok one up on the weapon if you like that type of thing), heat treated drop outs, macined seat tube, quite thin double butted tubing, which is not heat treated, 5.6lbs

the premium is not bad, its just not as good as the weapon. the weapon specs speack for itself.[/quote]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well i dont think 'USA made' or 'China made' makes any difference...half the frames out there are made in another country and there just as good. I already knew all the specs for both frames but thanks anyway.
The extra chain-stay plate on the Premium is nice for grinds and the Premium is also heat treated- i called and asked. (not every company says heat treated because its kinda a known fact)

For the Weapon- it only has 1 cable guide which is the only thing i dont like but its nothin big.

Infantry wrote:
"yup i would say weapon.
the premium frame is really just a trend."

How the heck is it a trend? Its nearly the same as the Weapon and others like the Cielencki, Series 2, and Ascent. i know you dont like euro BB's :( but the Premium is just another frame..not a trend. :hmm: well actually i guess its a trend for what the future of bikes is becoming...:wink:
Anyway thanks for the for all the input. ill be getting the DK Weapon soon. (i just had to stick up for the Premium since i was considering it :| )

O

oibmxpunx

Your opinion on 2 frames....? post #7
yeah man DK i use to have a sob back like 4 years ago it was real nice and the weapon and sob have the same gom. so it has to be sweet good luck with the frame

X

XIII

Your opinion on 2 frames....? post #8
DK...definetly, Pre,mium is like part of Haro and Haro is not very good quality stuff and Haro is like a sign that you are new and just want to look good.

I

infantry43RIDER

Your opinion on 2 frames....? post #9
haro may not have that great of parts but premium products can not really be compared to haro.
yes haro owns the division but premium actually has something better going for them.

X

XIII

Your opinion on 2 frames....? post #10
infantry43RIDER said:
haro may not have that great of parts but premium products can not really be compared to haro.
yes haro owns the division but premium actually has something better going for them.
very true.

New Topics