Yes...I'm a newb

• Discuss Yes...I'm a newb in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; You guys are all probably thinking... [img]http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/newbie4.jpg[/img] Anyways, I have been in the mountain biking... ...
  • Tags bike bmx dirt parts
P

Pimpchuk

Yes...I'm a newb post #1
You guys are all probably thinking...

Anyways, I have been in the mountain biking scene for a couple years now (im 15), and constantly, I am trying to find ways to make my bike more like a BMX. My Norco 250 sports single speed gears, rigid fork, 4130 Chromo tubing as well as other BMX style parts. I ride park, street, and Dirt.

I have finally quit trying to make my bike a bmx and put it up for sale (email me if your intreasted :p). Because I am new to this scene, i really have a limited idea as to which manufacturers are respected. Im looking for a frame + custom build or complete bike. I am willing to spend $1000.00 CDN but will put more in if neccesary.

What would be a good brand to go with (looking for a urban/park/dirt bike)? I was looking at the Fly bikes frames and they seem pretty well spec'd. Is this true (OH, and which FLY bike is the best, I can't tell, they all have similar specs and close price range). Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

haha sorry for all the spelling errors im a illeterate ukranian

E

EPMD

Yes...I'm a newb post #2
Ugh that pic is annoying!

Uhh check out pantera or estampida.. both pretty good frames in my oppinion and also pretty light for those weight freaks

P

Pimpchuk

Yes...I'm a newb post #3
haha yeah, I'm not too concerned about weight. But than again i would take a lighter frame over a heavier one. But my primary concern is stregnth. Is tawanese 4130 thhhat much weaker than regular North American?

I

infantry43RIDER

Yes...I'm a newb post #4
no.
many people just are american sprited and get the american made stuff.

S

sentaafEQpovar

Yes...I'm a newb post #5
fyi, do be a little concerned about wieght, try not to get your bike over about 35 lb or so

I

infantry43RIDER

Yes...I'm a newb post #6
he won't have to worry about it.
in these current times parts are becoming lighter yet the strength is up still.

C

casperh

Yes...I'm a newb post #7
is it you on the picture? :x

New Topics