yes i searched before making this thread...

• Discuss yes i searched before making this thread... in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; and i didn't find what i was looking for...so my chain makes some crackiling sounds the whole time i'm pedaling. i think my chain is screwed up... ...
B

band aid

yes i searched before making this thread... post #1
and i didn't find what i was looking for...so my chain makes some crackiling sounds the whole time i'm pedaling. i think my chain is screwed up but...does anyone ride the shadow v2 real tight [well tight enough that it doesn't clingy dingly on the chainstys? if so does it crackle and is it very smooth.

JoeyPower

JoeyPower

yes i searched before making this thread... post #2
It is most likely not your chain. If you have alumnium cranks (powerbites, hollowbites, similar cranks) that may be it, as they tend to creak.

You may also be running your chain upside down. There is one side with the rounded edges, and one with smooth edges. The rounded edges are supposed to be facing up.

It could also be your bottom bracket bearings. You either did not install them with enough grease, or they are shot. Same goes for your hub/driver bearings.

MattMorley

MattMorley

yes i searched before making this thread... post #3
B

band aid

yes i searched before making this thread... post #4
i don't ahve a shadow now..i have some crappy old one..i asked about the shadow because i was planning on getting the shadow...i have fsa nasty boy cranks..profile sproket..and a macneil driver...i run my chain fairly tight...and it only crackles when there is weight on my bike?

B

bicyclewizard

yes i searched before making this thread... post #5
Do you run a chainwheel guard?
I was running the Macneil Guard and the V2 chain and the pins started digging into the side of the guard making some noise for awhile until they wore grooves into the guard.

JoeyPower

JoeyPower

yes i searched before making this thread... post #6
i don't ahve a shadow now..i have some crappy old one..i asked about the shadow because i was planning on getting the shadow...i have fsa nasty boy cranks..profile sproket..and a macneil driver...i run my chain fairly tight...and it only crackles when there is weight on my bike?
I'm fairly sure it's your bottom bracket bearings then. Take your cranks off, pop out your bearings, check if they are damaged or anything. If they arn't, use shitloads of grease and put them back in. You may need new bearings as well.

ATP

ATP

yes i searched before making this thread... post #7
White Lightning, if it still creaks, then its not the chain most likely.

B

band aid

yes i searched before making this thread... post #8
it is not creaking...it is not the bb because if i take the chain off it doesn't crackle [in ohter words the bb is fine and the driver/hub stuff is fine] it actually does crackel when i have no weight on my bike [i was wrong]? and i have gone over the whole chain and made sure that the link all bend smoothley? and when the chain is loose it doesn't crackle?? could it possibly be the whell is in crooked?

hale riders

hale riders

yes i searched before making this thread... post #9
is it a loud pop every so often or a creak
could be pedals.
it could be your cranks take them of make sure there nice and tight with some grease on the axel where the cranks go on.
could be sproket make sure the bolt on your cranks holding the sproket is tight un do the crank arm on the drive sive so it is lose and then tighten the bolt but back together. make sure your sproket and driver are rufley in line.

Mathias

Mathias

yes i searched before making this thread... post #10
My bike creaks and makes random noises all the time. But I just leave it along untill I can actually feel something comming loose. So I wouldn't worry about it.

F

FreeFall

yes i searched before making this thread... post #11
well if you have you chain hella tight that could be it

New Topics