YES!!! But Now what shall it be?

• Discuss YES!!! But Now what shall it be? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; YES!!!! After an hour and a half of practising, i came back in to re-read some tips, and finally at 10:04pm, after another half hour of practising i... ...
  • Tags barspin bike bmx bmx bike dirt gt jump street tailwhip
stoned-n-happy

stoned-n-happy

YES!!! But Now what shall it be? post #1
YES!!!! After an hour and a half of practising, i came back in to re-read some tips, and finally at 10:04pm, after another half hour of practising i pulled off my first real bunny hop, and then pulled off one more one right before i called it a night. I was just lucky enough to realize i need to lean backwards more, and finally got the damned back wheel off the road about an inch and a half or so. But now I can practise my bunnyhop alot, but i dont want it to consume my bmx time completely... What other tricks should I work on aswell.

An endo?
Barspin? (I don't know if i have enough confidence on my bike to spin them yet though...)
What else is there?

I've set a goal (because I normally get bored of things fairly quickly) that I will atleast get to be able to smoothly pull off a flatland tailwhip, so I've got what?, atleast a year ahead of me, if not more.

How long did it take you guys to master the bunny hop? The barspin? The tailwhip?

Peace :rock:

D

Deliciouspeed

YES!!! But Now what shall it be? post #2
Your funny. You into flat?

F

federal_rider12

YES!!! But Now what shall it be? post #3
keep working on your bunnyhop, start jumping onto curbs, jumping over items(start with cardboard boxes) untill you get very use to bunnyhopping and get it much higher

stoned-n-happy

stoned-n-happy

YES!!! But Now what shall it be? post #4
yeah i'm mainly into flat. Also, I'll keep working on my bunnyhop, but i'm still unsure of how to lift my back tire, it was mainly luck the last times. I'll keep working on it...
How much does your bike weigh you guys? Mines like 33lbs, is that alot or what?

Peace :prost:

F

federal_rider12

YES!!! But Now what shall it be? post #5
oh no thats not heavy at all. my bike is like 34-36lbs

M

Mr_Shrapnel

YES!!! But Now what shall it be? post #6
oh lets all boast about the weight of our bikes..........

just get your bunnyhops as good as you possibly can. when its time to start leaning tricks you will just know, but for now, get those bunnyhops down man - or up as the case me be -

F

federal_rider12

YES!!! But Now what shall it be? post #7
i didnt see that part about how long it took to learn to bunnyhop, but my first bunnyhop happened my first try on my first bmx bike. it was a dyno nsx and that happened years ago. i always thought it happened on my friends gt performer but now i think of it it did happen first try it was like 3in(backwheel) then couple days later i started jumping off picnic tables and well my first try was good second became a face plant. i dont know how i did it but my first try i did one, i just didnt think about doing one(which i had no clue what it was called because i just got the bike and i was 11 years old and had no clue what bmx was i just road) i was just riding down the street and wanted to get onto the sidewalk and i just jumped onto. almost, my tire tapped it a little but i still got off the ground

stoned-n-happy

stoned-n-happy

YES!!! But Now what shall it be? post #8
Thanks for your life story...
Anyhoo, I'm wondering if you guys could tell me what you think I should add onto my bike, cause im not to sure.

FRAME: Oversize 1020 Hiten frame, 6 mm thick dropouts, U brake mounts
FORK: Oversize BMX
HEADSET: 1-1/8" threadless BMX
CRANKS: Steel 1 pc
BOTTOM BRK: Standard BMX
PEDALS: BMX platform
CHAIN: KMC BMX
BAR: Axiom 2 pc Dirt bar
STEM: Alloy BMX front clamp
FRONT BRAKE: Alloy Caliper
REAR BRAKE: Alloy U brake
BRAKE LEVERS: Tektro BMX
FRONT HUB: 36 hole 14 mm axle
REAR HUB: 36 hole 14 mm axle
RIMS: Alex Y-22 BMX
SPOKES: UCP
TIRES: Fstyle/Dirt 20 x 1.85/2.125
SADDLE: Axiom grab
SEATPOST: Steel
PEGS: N/A
ROTOR: N/A
FREEWHEEL: 16 Thread on

KEY FEATURES • Shorter top tube freestyle / dirt jump frame with rear U brake, Dirt / street tires, padded Axiom jump seat.

GEOMETRY
mm/inches
Top Tube Length - 520/20.5"
Chain Stay Length - 365/14.5"
Head Tube Angle - 74.5
Seat Tube Angle - 70

Theres absolutely everything about it. That's it, as is, except i put on some pegs...

Peace :respekt:

New Topics