x-up's

• Discuss x-up's in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hey ive got some troubles with x-up's i can do em on the ground sort of but every time i turn the bars my bike turns with it and it REALLY PISSES ME... ...
  • Tags bike bmx jump x-up
A

anchoricex

x-up's post #1
hey ive got some troubles with x-up's
i can do em on the ground sort of but every time i turn the bars my bike turns with it and it REALLY PISSES ME OFF. also, every time i go off a jump or something, i cant seem to even do an x-up.

maybe this is because of my jumping i really suck at jumping any tips to keep me in the air and get me higher while jumping would help :D

I

infantry43RIDER

x-up's post #2
don't shift your body weight around when you do x-ups...keep centered on your bike and just x the bars...PRACTICE.

same with jumping too you have to practice to be able to boost higher and just have confidence.

T

TwIsTeD BmXeR 09

x-up's post #3
Okay I'm new here and i can do x-ups easy!

All you gotta do is keep your bike centered and only move your arms...you might need to practice off your bike just to get used to not shifting your body.

Over jumps its okay if you do a kickout but try not to do a 180.

A

anchoricex

x-up's post #4
meh

every time i try to not shift my wait i cant help it but my tail whips anyways. >.< i dont know wtf to do its really annoying.

I

infantry43RIDER

x-up's post #5
hmm....are you bunnyhopping correctly?

C

CorrosiveBlade

x-up's post #6
ur probably shifting your weight withouot realizing it

El_SHAGO

El_SHAGO

x-up's post #7
I've had that problem before too...
What I did was kinda add a bit of a tail whip on, I found that easier... and people think its harder too!

And for getting higher.. Im new to BMX so i stillkinda jump weird :? but what works for me is just compress al your muscles as you come into the apex of the jump, then at the lip release but DO NOT loosen your grip, I told someone else that and they were look good till they let go of their bike completely 8) hope that helps!

El_SHAGO

El_SHAGO

x-up's post #8
I've had that problem before too...
What I did was kinda add a bit of a tail whip on, I found that easier... and people think its harder too!

And for getting higher.. Im new to BMX so i stillkinda jump weird :? but what works for me is just compress al your muscles as you come into the apex of the jump, then at the lip release but DO NOT loosen your grip, I told someone else that and they were look good till they let go of their bike completely 8) hope that helps!

El_SHAGO

El_SHAGO

x-up's post #9
oh, sorry for the double post, my computer got messed up so i wasnt sure if it got through 8O

E

evanc

x-up's post #10
Make sure you cats learn them early. I can't x-up because I never bothered to learn. Oh well. X-rides, manuals, and x-stalls are where it's at for me.

I

infantry43RIDER

x-up's post #11
yea evan is right about learning early...i wasn't doing xups when i started riding and it was more difficult to learn them later.

T

Trimix

x-up's post #12
I have tried to stick to basics also, learning bunnyhops, manuals, and things like X-ups first. You can also teach yourself BAD habits that are hard to break too! It is all what you have practiced, like Flatties off a ramp are supposed to be hard, but I find them VERY easy...only because that is the FIRST trick I started learning. If your bike is moving during X-ups then you have GOT to be moving around on the bike in the air. Make sure you do not execute the Xup until you are at height and leveled off. This may only be a second or so, but that is all you need. I look at the bars when I do mine, and make sure NOTHING moves but two arms and a set of handle bars. 180 and back, swift.

V

Vic_Vega

x-up's post #13
Now that you've got the basics down, I expect to see 360 x-ups and x-up whips out of you by next Thursday.....j/k lol.

G

x-up's post #14
I used to have that problem. When you X-Up just make sure you wait until your at the highest point of your jump or else your body tries to move your legs without your mind wanting to do it. The X-Up seems to be more of a mental trick to me and my homeboys (yo).

I

infantry43RIDER

x-up's post #15
if you are white please talk normal.

S

sentaafEQpovar

x-up's post #16
i learned to do them buy turning the bars about maybe 20 degrees then like 30 and so fourth soon i had the bars at 90* in mid air 'called it a v-up hah, noob' then soon i was getting the bars a lil inverted at like 110 degrees, and then like 120degrees and then with more practice i got the full 180 degree turn of an x-up down

X

|x|D|x|

x-up's post #17
infantry43RIDER said:
if you are white please talk normal.
damn, its bout to get rasist up in this bitch! lol

the fun way to learn them then do them easy in the air is to lie on ur back on the ground, get on ur bike, so that the bike is upside down in the air abouve you, and practice ur x-ups, u get what i mean right? lie on ur back, and get on ur bike while lieing on ur back, and practice all those tricks, it may not be the same thing, but it gives u the idea on how they go

T

Trimix

x-up's post #18
I just tried that, and I can't even do that trick (on my back with the bike) Maybe I am not ready for it yet.

<sarcasm>

I

infantry43RIDER

x-up's post #19
i wasn't being racist cause im not racist...im white and i just get annoyed with the white people going with the 'trend' and talking how the blacks have talked forever...its not even funny when white people do it either...sorry.

G

x-up's post #20
infantry,

i am sorry if I have offended you, you see, when i get drunk i tend to talk like blacks have traditionally talked and i often find myself getting beaten up.

*feels sorry*

New Topics