WTP's Female Axles

• Discuss WTP's Female Axles in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Any body ridin them? Would be nice to be able to carry an Allen to tighten or remove wheel when out. There any down sides? Also has anyone got the new... ...
Red Horn

Red Horn

WTP's Female Axles post #1
Any body ridin them? Would be nice to be able to carry an Allen to tighten or remove wheel when out. There any down sides? Also has anyone got the new Recon yet, and if so how is it?

M

Marcus Poopy

WTP's Female Axles post #3
yeah, what he said^^^^^^^^^^^^

SnK

SnK

WTP's Female Axles post #4
I quite like the look.

Air-Ox

Air-Ox

WTP's Female Axles post #5
The WTP supreme front hub does NOT use allen keys. ONLY socket set.

B

Bicyclist 1

WTP's Female Axles post #6
Wethepeople's hubs are great.

Pickles

Pickles

WTP's Female Axles post #7
dont get the gsport,to be honest. Theyre popular because they were the first to do a female axle basically, but:
1)over priced!!
2)not actually the best anymore

wtp gets my vote, but fly is up there as well. G Sport is good,but not worth it. and its not the best.

umm,stick to the wtp, i rode one before and it felt so smooth, and the kid does constant tooth stalls. gone through 2 pairs of forks,on his third since he had that hub.

BenMINI

BenMINI

WTP's Female Axles post #8
Get the Fly. I'm rocking mine, and its so freaking smooth and sleak looking. That to a Fly rim, because of the wide flanges and the cross pattern, would be immensly strong.

J

jawn

WTP's Female Axles post #9
dont get the gsport,to be honest. Theyre popular because they were the first to do a female axle basically, but:
1)over priced!!
2)not actually the best anymore

wtp gets my vote, but fly is up there as well. G Sport is good,but not worth it. and its not the best.

umm,stick to the wtp, i rode one before and it felt so smooth, and the kid does constant tooth stalls. gone through 2 pairs of forks,on his third since he had that hub.
Gsport is popular because they are designed & built well and second-to-none customer service (when some Marmosets had poor fits around the bearings you got a new one no questions asked, Profile get you to shim their hubs..). Not because they were the first to do female hubs, if in fact they were.

As for not being the best, please show me a better designed hub? It's got 20mm alloy axle with steel helicoils and strong off-the-shelf bearings and bolts, other female hubs have stuff like smaller axles, smaller bearings, alloy axles with alloy threads instead of a steel helicoil, 10mm instead of 3/8" bolts, yada yada. Gsport offers a lifetime warranty on their axles, please show me any other hub that does that? And let's not forget, there's been a grand total of 1 broken Gsport axle in 14 years...

You get what you pay for!

JustinCarter

JustinCarter

WTP's Female Axles post #10
/jawn owned.

G sport > any other bike company.

mad082

mad082

WTP's Female Axles post #11
all the 09 wtp bikes that have the female axles have a 6mm allen key hole in the middle of the 17mm bolt.

i have a recon here, i really like the look of it. haven't riden it though. bars are pretty big.

New Topics