WTF 120 dollars

  • Discuss WTF 120 dollars in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i gotta pay 120 dollars for to build 2 wheels 8O ...
  • Tags bike bmx shop
@

@:::BMXdevil:::@

New Member
WTF 120 dollars post #1
i gotta pay 120 dollars for to build 2 wheels 8O
 
W

WeThePeople

Guest
WTF 120 dollars post #2
I dont think anyone understood a word you said
 
K

keep it real

New Member
WTF 120 dollars post #3
i know man... it sucks balls. My hub broke and the guy was gonna charge ****en $80 (AUD) to strip down and re-build the wheel w/ a new hub... then its another $70 for a hub and shit so i just got 'em to order in a whole new wheel (that im still paying off) and its almost cheaper.
It's stupidly stupid
 
renegade

renegade

New Member
WTF 120 dollars post #4
to much its expensive :evil:
 
@

@:::BMXdevil:::@

New Member
WTF 120 dollars post #5
since the spokes here are harder to deliver in my size the building costs 40 bucks more
i was thinking of a new set of wheels then but i couldnt send the rims back
 
M

MeatGrinder

New Member
WTF 120 dollars post #6
@:::BMXdevil:::@ said:
i gotta pay 120 dollars for to build 2 wheels 8O
Dude, lace it yourself, there is nothing to sticking your hub, spokes and rim together, and then bring it down to your bike shop and get them to tru it for you, that only costs like $15.
 
@

@:::BMXdevil:::@

New Member
WTF 120 dollars post #7
MeatGrinder said:
@:::BMXdevil:::@ said:
i gotta pay 120 dollars for to build 2 wheels 8O
Dude, lace it yourself, there is nothing to sticking your hub, spokes and rim together, and then bring it down to your bike shop and get them to tru it for you, that only costs like $15.
maybe thats a good idea thanks mate
 
W

William

New Member
WTF 120 dollars post #8
ya that sucks, i had to get both my wheels rebuilt and it almost cost me as much as my bike.
 
E

evanc

Guest
WTF 120 dollars post #9
You must have a shitty bike, then.

And do you guys actually know how much effort it takes to properly true and tighten a wheel? Fro the average person to do it correctly, it can take over an entire day. That's a lot of ****ing work.
 
I

infantry43RIDER

Guest
WTF 120 dollars post #10
@:::BMXdevil:::@ said:
i gotta pay 120 dollars for to build 2 wheels 8O
um...
that is actually pretty cheap compared to what you could get built man...i would be happy paying 120 if i had it for wheels.

the one time i did have about that much money...it went into...ONE wheel dude.
 
barrog

barrog

New Member
WTF 120 dollars post #11
I laced my first wheel yesterday, an odyssey cassette to a Alex supra a, it took about half an hour for lacing and about 10 or 15 minutes to true!
 
P

Pyro insaine

New Member
WTF 120 dollars post #12
@:::BMXdevil:::@ said:
MeatGrinder said:
@:::BMXdevil:::@ said:
i gotta pay 120 dollars for to build 2 wheels 8O
Dude, lace it yourself, there is nothing to sticking your hub, spokes and rim together, and then bring it down to your bike shop and get them to tru it for you, that only costs like $15.
maybe thats a good idea thanks mate
thats what i did and it only takes like 2hrs a wheel
 
W

WeThePeople

Guest
WTF 120 dollars post #13
ya 120 dollars is pretty cheap
 
R

rocket

Guest
WTF 120 dollars post #14
evanc said:
And do you guys actually know how much effort it takes to properly true and tighten a wheel? Fro the average person to do it correctly, it can take over an entire day. That's a lot of f*ck work.
WTF? when i was in grade school it took me no more than 30min. to true and tighten both my wheels and now when i completely build a wheel, it takes me a couple hours max. i feel sorry for anyone that takes all day. :?
 
@

@:::BMXdevil:::@

New Member
WTF 120 dollars post #15
icerocket said:
evanc said:
And do you guys actually know how much effort it takes to properly true and tighten a wheel? Fro the average person to do it correctly, it can take over an entire day. That's a lot of f*ck work.
WTF? when i was in grade school it took me no more than 30min. to true and tighten both my wheels and now when i completely build a wheel, it takes me a couple hours max. i feel sorry for anyone that takes all day. :?
if you dont take any time you gonna get a wobbled rim i fink
i can set the spokes in the wheel but to true it takes more time

i first wanted to do it myself and i would let the spokes calculate at the bikeshop and build the wheels my self but they said it was to hard for me but i knew i could do it but my dad would pay for it and im waiting 3 WEEKS now for the wheels and thats shitty if they are not ready for tommorow im gonna build them myself i fink
 
R

rocket

Guest
WTF 120 dollars post #16
Most bike shop guys that ive seen can lace and true a wheel in 1 hour. i cant believe you have to wait 3 weeks!
Just take your time, tighten all the spokes evenly, keep it cenetered on a frame and use brakes or something taped to the frame for guidance. i taught myself how to do it and it was easier than i thought.
 
@

@:::BMXdevil:::@

New Member
WTF 120 dollars post #17
icerocket said:
Most bike shop guys that ive seen can lace and true a wheel in 1 hour. i cant believe you have to wait 3 weeks!
Just take your time, tighten all the spokes evenly, keep it cenetered on a frame and use brakes or something taped to the frame for guidance. i taught myself how to do it and it was easier than i thought.
oh thanks cause i have to wait three weeks is that they are to stupid that they cant calculate the spokes.
i first wanted to lace my wheel myself i set in 36 spokes but they were to long so then i came to my shop to calculate them ( i first tried to calculate them but the spokes werent the correct size )
1: he called to his colleague than he had a day free
2: he called the next day again and he couldnt calculate it with a special software cd
3:then past a week and they said they must be shipped to rotterdam
4: i waited a week and they couldnt lace it or calculate it too weird
5: from rotterdam they were shipped to dordrecht and for now im waiting almost 3 weeks the local bikeshop said they could do it

i never ever gonna buy or lace something anymore at my shop i dont trust it anymore
my dad said that i couldnt do it so my dad is paying the bill for the wheels
my half vacation was ruined and one weekend :evil:
 
R

rocket

Guest
WTF 120 dollars post #18
damn dude, that sucks.
there has got to be something seriously wrong with the bike shop you went to. Try another one next time...a shop that deals mostly in BMX stuff should have you ready to go in no time. sounds to me you went to a fuitcake road bike shop, especailly if they need software to calculate spokes!! maybe im wrong but anyways..good luck or something. :?

did you get your wheels yet?
 
@

@:::BMXdevil:::@

New Member
WTF 120 dollars post #19
icerocket said:
did you get your wheels yet?
nope the couldnt do it stupid motha****as they ruined my next vacation already :evil: now im ordering new wheels i fink i dont know how im gonna send the rims back that really really sucks
 
@

@:::BMXdevil:::@

New Member
WTF 120 dollars post #20
now they said they cant do it ****ing stupido's now i waited three weeks for nothing
now i must wait a week more because they have to be shipped to the shop where i bought them i gonna lace them there and let send them back to my house
 

New Topics

Top