wrong foot forward/goofy footed

• Discuss wrong foot forward/goofy footed in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey, I was checking mirra's trick video and they got a point there. About 180 bunnyhop if you turn clockwise it is much easier with your right foot... ...
  • Tags 180 manual
F

FOL

wrong foot forward/goofy footed post #1
Hey,

I was checking mirra's trick video and they got a point there. About 180 bunnyhop if you turn clockwise it is much easier with your right foot backwards (think about it and it would be logical, right?). Also for ramps and stuff it seemed easier to get on the coping on an angle and stuff. But when dropping in, I feel much much more comfortable riding counter-clockwise, but when manualling and bunnyhopping I have my left foot forward. So logically seen I should go clockwise while being in a halfpipe/mini and stuff. Does it matter so much and should I change feet now, when I'm still a beginner (I can bunnyhop pretty high now, and manual starts to feel good, but with my different foot forward it feels very odd), or should I just stick to what I'm doing now and learn it this way?

I

infantry43RIDER

wrong foot forward/goofy footed post #2
there are a lot of riders out there that aren't in the "normal" when it comes to having feet forward and all that...but it doesn't matter...it doesn't matter if you or anyone else is like "screwed up" (in a cool way ha) when it comes to having feet forward and spinning and tricks...so learn whatever way is comfortable for you.

F

FOL

wrong foot forward/goofy footed post #3
Allright, thanks. I was just wondering, because logically seen, for example a 180 bunnyhop, seems easier with the right foot forward (because your back feet is moving the tail of your bike.) OH well, I just continue this way then ;]

New Topics