wot cranks?

• Discuss wot cranks? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; if u dont cear bout the money wont crank set would u get and why out of profile bmx ss 3-piece , odyssey 41 cranks or soild hella lite cranks ...
  • Tags bike bmx cranks gt profile bmx
E

Element Biker Dude

wot cranks? post #1
if u dont cear bout the money wont crank set would u get and why
out of profile bmx ss 3-piece , odyssey 41 cranks or soild hella lite cranks

I

infantry43RIDER

wot cranks? post #2
profile.

J

jens89

wot cranks? post #3
Yup, Profile.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

wot cranks? post #4
its a hypothetical situation probably asked by a pathetic person, so in actual fact its probably a better use of my time writing this reply than it is to actually think about that question. no offence obviously.

oh and we all know that the best crank is as follows: profile evolution BB, Profile Ti Spindle and Profile DJ crank arms.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

wot cranks? post #5
euro BB's suck for BMX.

T

traildemon

wot cranks? post #6
Mr_Shrapnel said:
euro BB's suck for BMX.
what does that mean???
ok the european bb isn't as strong as the american bb, but it's much more easy to fix it.

oh and I would go for the oddyssey cranks, but nowadays every bike co is making cranks...the flybikes and the federal cranks kind of look like the profile cranks, but are nicer

M

Mr_Shrapnel

wot cranks? post #7
Ok when i said they suck for bmx i meant that they are not very strong in several respects such as bearing life and strength, also they can be irritating to fix, if for example you bash you BB and dent or ovalise the BB itself, this will result in the internal thread being totally messed up. So i guess that Euro BB's are fine for the majority of riders as long and they are smooth eg dirt jumpers and flatlanders, but you could run into significant problems if used for heavy street etc.

Another downside to euro BB's is that they CAN come loose more frequently than american BB's so couple that with the fact that they are undisputably weaker and more prone to damage this means that maintenance will be alot more frequent.

So i guess they are fine for some riders but maybe not so for others. If - like me - you enjoy strong parts which never have to be fiddled with after you install them then i think american BB's are still the way to go. Oh and with the profile evolution BB now on the market, intallation is just as easy as euro BB's.

I guess it comes down to whether you think the weight savings and ease of install is worth it considering the loss in strength.

Sorry that was a bit long.

D

Devourment 138

wot cranks? post #8
I'm going to have to say SOLID :dance:

I

infantry43RIDER

wot cranks? post #9
i guess its basically down to these...
Odyssey
Primo
RNC
Solid

*cough* never snafu.

V

Vic_Vega

wot cranks? post #10
Yeah, Snafu is practically Poverty with a less obvious name...I'd say Primo because I like aluminum cranks. I have always run these with no problem and they are affordable.

S

StandardOX

wot cranks? post #11
Devourment 138 said:
I'm going to have to say SOLID :dance:
All of my Solid products served me well. Solid is damn good. Get Solid HL. Light, and nearly indestructable.

I

infantry43RIDER

wot cranks? post #12
yea pretty much everything Solid is nearly indestructable.
i ride the stem...thats all i have ever experienced...its amazing.

F

federal_rider12

wot cranks? post #13
personally i like demolition, but outta ur 3 id choose solid for sure over all solid hella lite is far beyond the profile ss and odyssey 41. it is strong(which lives up to all solid products) and lite!!!!! i mean lite as lite as race cranks whcich is unorthodox for solid

L

leon_luxton

wot cranks? post #14
profile due to em being well made,light and very strong.They also look very radical 8O to wots a good thing :roll:

F

federal_rider12

wot cranks? post #15
actually leon luxton the profile ss is the heaviest(57oz) outta all of them solid is like 39oz and odyssey is 43oz but it is a 19mm

New Topics