Work

  • Discuss Work in the NBR - Not BMX Related forum in area BMX-Forum Community - more stuff; What do you do for work, or do you even have a job? I'm a student myself talking Accounting in College... But in the summer months I'm a team... ...
Clutch

Clutch

New Member
Work post #1
What do you do for work, or do you even have a job?

I'm a student myself talking Accounting in College...

But in the summer months I'm a team leader for a big landscaping company... I make out pretty decent, enough money to pay for school and last me for the year.
 
M

melbatoast

New Member
Work post #2
I work at CanPar Transport LTD. I move boxes all day, its a shipping company
 
B

bruisedbob

New Member
Work post #3
Every night I manage a local historic movie theatre. It's a second run theatre, so it's only two bucks a head. It can be pretty exciting. I got to meet Venus Flytrap the other night. That is Tim Reid for those that don't remember WKRP in Cinncinnati. You guys might know him as the dad from Sister Sister. One night a guy that we threw out pulled a knife on an employee. He was talking so much trash that he didn't see me coming up behind him. I grabbed his arm and smashed my knee into his ribcage. Then checked him into the brick and marble corner by the doors. I saw the knife on the ground and grabbed it, but dude was getting up and running like the elepahant man. Never really know what to expect around here.
http://www.members.tripod.com/~g_cowardin/byrd/

Oh and the guy at the organ isn't me. The only pic I'm in is the French Fil Festival poster on the recent and current page. I'm in the tux.

I also do drywall and other fix-it stuff on the side.
 
R

rocket

Guest
Work post #4
I work at Coors Brewing Company in Golden, Colorado. I inspect all incoming tailers that are mostly empty with but theres a few per day have beer, kegs, or dunage. Then i enter each inspection card into my computer with the carrier, tailer number, and a bunch of other info.
when its slow, i have the internet for eBay, eMail, and what ever else.
its a pretty easy job except when i have to tell a truck driver his trailer is rejected...things can get pretty interesting. :p
 
B

bruisedbob

New Member
Work post #5
I inspect all incomming tailers
Nice. :wink: but what's dunage?

I worked at a General Electrics shipping plant so I know how drivers can get over 86ing their rigs.
 
M

Mr_Shrapnel

New Member
Work post #6
im a land surveyor/autocad technician, and part time training to become a civil engineer.
 
F

FOL

Guest
Work post #7
I'm a php programmer

and I sometimes do some 3dmodelling (+rendering) using 3dsmax for sites

oh yeah: moved
 
M

Mr_Shrapnel

New Member
Work post #8
oh yeah i quite like 3dsmax, but i mostly use the 3d modelling in autocad, its a bit more relevent to my job.
 
F

FOL

Guest
Work post #9
yeah if you are some kind of architect, then autocad is better, except for the rendering :)
 
L

leon_luxton

Guest
Work post #10
i dont have a job cos i am only 15 and go to school and aint got a clue what i want to do when i am older :D
 
lola

lola

New Member
Work post #11
student/work

im student at the university of kent studying Hotel Management when i actualy do study that is :twisted: and i also work at the uni in one of our bars and the kitchens.
 
E

EPMD

New Member
Work post #12
im a bum...
 
R

rocket

Guest
Work post #13
bruisedbob said:
I inspect all incomming tailers
Nice. :wink: but what's dunage?

I worked at a General Electrics shipping plant so I know how drivers can get over 86ing their rigs.
lol before i worked there i didnt know what it was either. its kinda like another term for 'stuff'. what we call dunage would be: wooden pallets, slipsheets (kinda like a pallet but there plastic), chip boards (dont know what they are), and dividers (things you use to keep the pallets of beer from sliding around in trailer).

today work sucked. half my 8 hour shift is outside and it snowed all freakin day! :cry:

HAHA yeah i reject about 3 to 4 trailers everyday..most guys are cool about it but some throw fits like there 2 years old. once in awhile some redneck driver will start talking shit like im not going to say anything but i just give it right back to um. if they get crazy all i have to do is make a call and have them kicked off Coors property for good or even fired. its happened before with one of my co-workers. i dont mind the assholes though because it keeps a little excitement in my job. :wink:
 
R

rocket

Guest
Work post #14
Hey WYNEX, do you work? just curious as to what you do.
 
W

Wynex

Guest
Work post #15
At the moment I'm learning for my final exams in school, which will take place in about one week (written exams) and then in 40 days the rest (oral examination). Thursday was the last day as a pupil because we know our marks now (my grade point average is 1,07 ) .
I don't have a side job - if the website doesn't count. Maybe I will try to get a job in a local webdesing-company or something like that. Next year I'll have to do my military service for 8 months and then I will study mechatronicy or business 8)
(I'm 17)
 
E

evanc

Guest
Work post #16
FOL said:
I'm a php programmer
Seriously? That's ****ing cool. I may be getting paid to make/host a few sites this summer. It'd be awesome to have an actual job doing that.
 
F

FOL

Guest
Work post #17
cool man, if you know how to do it, you can make pretty much money doing not much. Certainly with php. You make a few scripts and you can sell it more often ;)
 
Clutch

Clutch

New Member
Work post #18
Wynex said:
At the moment I'm learning for my final exams in school, which will take place in about one week (written exams) and then in 40 days the rest (oral examination). Thursday was the last day as a pupil because we know our marks now (my grade point average is 1,07 ) .
I don't have a side job - if the website doesn't count. Maybe I will try to get a job in a local webdesing-company or something like that. Next year I'll have to do my military service for 8 months and then I will study mechatronicy or business 8)
(I'm 17)
You have grade point averages in Highschool? That's odd we don't start that until post-secondary... Is 1.7 good where you live? I have a 3.4 GPA, I'm going for my CMA and BCOMM...
 
M

Made

New Member
Work post #19
Clutch said:
Wynex said:
At the moment I'm learning for my final exams in school, which will take place in about one week (written exams) and then in 40 days the rest (oral examination). Thursday was the last day as a pupil because we know our marks now (my grade point average is 1,07 ) .
I don't have a side job - if the website doesn't count. Maybe I will try to get a job in a local webdesing-company or something like that. Next year I'll have to do my military service for 8 months and then I will study mechatronicy or business 8)
(I'm 17)
You have grade point averages in Highschool? That's odd we don't start that until post-secondary... Is 1.7 good where you live? I have a 3.4 GPA, I'm going for my CMA and BCOMM...
in the u.s. to get a 1.7 is like 5 D's and 1 C well thats how it is in my school i think i have like a 2.0-3.0 some were in between but last year i think i got like a 1.3
 
W

Wynex

Guest
Work post #20
Made said:
Clutch said:
Wynex said:
At the moment I'm learning for my final exams in school, which will take place in about one week (written exams) and then in 40 days the rest (oral examination). Thursday was the last day as a pupil because we know our marks now (my grade point average is 1,07 ) .
I don't have a side job - if the website doesn't count. Maybe I will try to get a job in a local webdesing-company or something like that. Next year I'll have to do my military service for 8 months and then I will study mechatronicy or business 8)
(I'm 17)
You have grade point averages in Highschool? That's odd we don't start that until post-secondary... Is 1.7 good where you live? I have a 3.4 GPA, I'm going for my CMA and BCOMM...
in the u.s. to get a 1.7 is like 5 D's and 1 C well thats how it is in my school i think i have like a 2.0-3.0 some were in between but last year i think i got like a 1.3
It's not 1.7 it is 1.07 ... 1 is the best grade, 5 the worst .. 1.0 would be perfect.. 13x1 +1x2 :wink:
 

New Topics

Top