Woobley Fork...

• Discuss Woobley Fork... in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Well upon cutting my bars i wanted to cut down my steerer tube and remove my spacers. so i took off my stem and removed a spacer, my friend walked in... ...
B

BMXer713

Woobley Fork... post #1
Well upon cutting my bars i wanted to cut down my steerer tube and remove my spacers. so i took off my stem and removed a spacer, my friend walked in and asked to ride so i just pushed it back on and slapped my stem on.while riding i noticed a little wooble in my fork if i pushed on my bars.
Tomarrow i m going to use my pipe cutter and remove a bit of my steerer tubeso i dont need spacers and try to figure this problem out

flyjumper13

flyjumper13

Woobley Fork... post #2
you need a bigger spacer

B

BMXer713

Woobley Fork... post #3
^ i dony think so becuase it was fine until i touched it ::oops:

JustinCarter

JustinCarter

Woobley Fork... post #4
Headsets loose?

fitbike61

fitbike61

Woobley Fork... post #5
is ur stem slammed? if it is, then loosen the stem bolts, put a spacer on the top of ur stem and put a compression bolt down and tighten it a lot, AND THEN tighten ur stem bolts. this should work. i had the same problem and this is how i fixed it.

guitar4lif3

guitar4lif3

Woobley Fork... post #7
yeah, from what it sounds like all you need to do is tighten your compression bolt till the wobble stops. P.s.-loosen the pinch bolts on ur stem first.

JustinCarter

JustinCarter

Woobley Fork... post #8
Wait does the fork sit above the stem? Like sticking out a bit?

JamesPromIII

JamesPromIII

Woobley Fork... post #9
Damn man I need to learn how to put a bike togther and all the parts this shit is confusing

JustinCarter

JustinCarter

Woobley Fork... post #10
Damn man I need to learn how to put a bike togther and all the parts this shit is confusing
Nah its easy, once you wanna change something or lube it etc just take it off slowely and remember how it goes back on not hard.

B

BMXer713

Woobley Fork... post #11
no acctually the steerer tube is a tad(4mm) below the stem. i guess that means i just have to have someone push it up while i tighten the stem.

JustinCarter

JustinCarter

Woobley Fork... post #12
no acctually the steerer tube is a tad(4mm) below the stem. i guess that means i just have to have someone push it up while i tighten the stem.
Thats good its suppose to be below a bit so when you tighten the compression bolt it pushes it down.

B

BMXer713

Woobley Fork... post #13
then why is it woobley the only thing i noticed thats different is that rubber headset i guess dust cover is a little higher

fitbike61

fitbike61

Woobley Fork... post #14
ok listen. just put a good sized spacer on the top between the stem and the compression bolt. loosen the stem, tighten the comp. bolt a lot, and tighten the stem. just trust me

mikeschalle

mikeschalle

Woobley Fork... post #15
don't over tighten it tho cuase if you do youll bottom it out and snapp it... just tighten till it stops wobbling... it shouldn't be that much.... also make sure your "pinch nuts are loose/ headset nuts"

B

BMXer713

Woobley Fork... post #16
but its as tight as i can make it

JustinCarter

JustinCarter

Woobley Fork... post #17

New Topics