Winter!

C

croz

Winter! post #1
So what are you guys like, some of you probally live in america or somewhere hot so its not to cold in the winter for you, but me, I live in the UK and its FREEZING in the winter. For those who live where it is cold, do you still ride everyday or take a winter break?

I was riding today and even though it was quite sunny it was ice cold, my hands turned blue so I stopped.

Input from UK riders would be kewl

I

infantry43RIDER

Winter! post #2
i live in wisconsin so it sometimes get pretty cold over here...but i try to ride everyday still in the winter except if there is like feet and feet of snow on the ground then obviously its kinda hard to ride...then i go to the indoor park but yea i try to ride as much as i can everyday.

P

PoserPro

Winter! post #3
yep i ride(snowboarding!)

T

Trimix

Winter! post #4
I live in Orlando, so sorry.....I cannot speak of cold weather 8)
However, riding in a metal building, when it is 96 degrees F outside sucks too!! I ride a lot at a place called Mission (Chad Degroots place) and it is friggin hot as hell in there in Summer, so each to his own.

E

evanc

Winter! post #5
Snowboarding. When winter comes, I'll be posting in the Gallery on Mondays with new pictures, almost every week, and probably show up in these threads randomly to flame people.

A

aussyj

Winter! post #6
It gets pretty cold here but it like never snows, so I'll be riding most of the winter.

I

infantry43RIDER

Winter! post #7
Trimix said:
I live in Orlando, so sorry.....I cannot speak of cold weather 8)
However, riding in a metal building, when it is 96 degrees F outside sucks too!! I ride a lot at a place called Mission (Chad Degroots place) and it is friggin hot as hell in there in Summer, so each to his own.
damn you. 8)

R

rage2k3

Winter! post #8
snowboard, and check in every so often to see evan flame people. lol

F

FOL

Winter! post #9
I'm from holland, next to the uk...it isn't that cold here (yet), but it is raining shitload... I found a garage where I can bmx in winter, free from snow and rain, but it is cold there :/

J

johntheguru

Winter! post #10
i am 5 minutes from rampworx. i will be there my regular days of tuesday thursday friday and sunday.

i do that year round anyway, not just when its cold

john

X

XIII

Winter! post #11
i hate the winter...i cant snowboard for shit and the cold sucks...i just shovel off the trails and ride (my bike)

I

infantry43RIDER

Winter! post #12
yea man that is what i used to do when it used to actually snow in wisconsin...but now that it hasn't for forever i don't have to shovel them off.

G

greenspan

Winter! post #13
I just sit home and play Dave Mirra all day and read every mag I can get my hands on.

X

Xero

Winter! post #14
Well, i'm in Wales, it gets proper cold here in the winter. I've only just got a bike so i have no idea what i'll do in the winter yet. Its not so much the cold i'm worried about as the rain, it rains shitloads here too. Our ramps get really slippy in the rain.

Do you ride in the rain or is that just insane and dangerous, then again maybe that just adds to the fun eh?

I

infantry43RIDER

Winter! post #15
i ride in the rain sometimes...just remember to dry off the bike or some parts will rust and whatnot...its kinda fun sometimes.

i definitly don't sit around playing dave mirra all day...

E

Element Biker Dude

Winter! post #16
F*K the cold is ok over here in NZ all i have to do is ride for 5mins and then ride on, its just the FU*KING RAN that gets to me and when it rans IT RANS and that leves me wif no where to ride and thats wot get to me the most

T

Trimix

Winter! post #17
Huh? Wha?

I

infantry43RIDER

Winter! post #18
suck it up and ride in the rain.

M

MONGOOSE_MENACE_UK

Winter! post #19
the weather is always shit ere!

am from the uk aswell. today wasnt that bad but i had rubber burns all over my hands! next time am wearing gloves, no dout! what bike you ride mate?

C

croz

Winter! post #20
WTP

Newcastle, you?

New Topics