Winstanleys Bmx. A Mistake?

• Discuss Winstanleys Bmx. A Mistake? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Has anyone orderd from Winstanleys BMX before, are they as crap as they were before, or have they improved? I orderd my new bike from them, on... ...
Vita

Vita

Winstanleys Bmx. A Mistake? post #1
Has anyone orderd from Winstanleys BMX before, are they as crap as they were before, or have they improved?

I orderd my new bike from them, on thursday I placed the order, it should have been dispatched yesterday, but the order status still says active, and no money has been taken from my bank account.

What is the deal with these guys? Before you say it, I would have orderd from different bmx sites, but don't have much money to get something as good as I can from winstanleys.

I've sent an e-mail an hour ago, waiting for a reply now.

bettley661

bettley661

Winstanleys Bmx. A Mistake? post #2
I can almost guarentee they havent got that bike in stock and the place they order them from has discontinued it or something...
They wont reply by email for atleast 3 days and i wouldnt bother hponing them as theyre always engaged!
Id rather set fire to my money than give any more money to them.
Bastards.

S

SolidRider

Winstanleys Bmx. A Mistake? post #4
Give it just over a week if it hasnt arrived, it probably wont. Cancel the order.

Vita

Vita

Winstanleys Bmx. A Mistake? post #5
Yeah, how should I cancel? By ringing them up? A week is long though, why advertise something with "dispatched in 24hours". False advertisement to the consumer. :hmm:

Brad

Brad

Winstanleys Bmx. A Mistake? post #6
Pijin did that to me, I went to buy a brakeline cable and some pads, pads turned up but no cable. They rang me 3 days laters saying do i still want it. Both were in stock on there site. Your best to ring next time!

S

stewart

Winstanleys Bmx. A Mistake? post #7
winstanleys are crap i phoned up for the last time to change a order i made in JANUARY that didnt arrive and i went though about ten things b4 there was one on the list of things that i wanted.

buy from alansbmx or cyclesportltd (uk)

Vita

Vita

Winstanleys Bmx. A Mistake? post #8
Going to wait till Tuesday, if not, I'll ring wednesday and ask wtf they're doing.

S

social

Winstanleys Bmx. A Mistake? post #9
L

Luke33

Winstanleys Bmx. A Mistake? post #10
winstanleys r sh**, my friend orded some stickers and it took like 3/4 of a year to come. order from alans bmx or billys bmx.

MikeT

MikeT

Winstanleys Bmx. A Mistake? post #11
Vita - I told you mate :(

They really are as bad as people say, and whats even worse, i live so close to them!

I think i'm a bit closer to AlansBMX ( Which is FAR better! )

Mike

Vita

Vita

Winstanleys Bmx. A Mistake? post #12
Yeah, but that's the only decent bike in my price range I'm afraid. And so far, have only seen them have it.

911freeagentbmx911

911freeagentbmx911

Winstanleys Bmx. A Mistake? post #13
yup my guess is theyll **** you i may not be from the uk but ive heard so many bad stories if u dont get ur shit u shud take up a lawsuit and get them ****ed im sure ur not the only one who complains about them

Vita

Vita

Winstanleys Bmx. A Mistake? post #14
Yeah, I'm sure most users on here would have had bad experiences with them. It just get's me really angry, that they advertise stuff, which (by the majority of threads I've read) have not got. And even if they do have the stuff, they can't be botherd ringing up a courier and sending it off to the consumer.

I was eager to get my bike today, and well, look like it wasn't going to happen. Have to wait till tuesday now to see the deal. If nothing is done on Tuesday, I'll ring them up and give them some stick :)

fluorescent

fluorescent

Winstanleys Bmx. A Mistake? post #15
Jamie01

Jamie01

Winstanleys Bmx. A Mistake? post #16
Yer, Wankstainleys are terrible, Support the rider owned shops like Sourcebmx Cyclesportuk (co.uk) and Pijin.... and Alans, altho half of there is stock can be overpriced, but they have good service...

ChrisRamsay

ChrisRamsay

Winstanleys Bmx. A Mistake? post #17
ive found custom riders great - ordered my frame from them n then order again like seat post n stuff

winstanleys are prteyy s*** but occaisionally they deliver on time but if u ordered thursday i might not be processed till friday coz some sites u have to order before 2pm to get 24hrs dispatch or something, so 24hrs after fri morning would be sat so might not be dispatched till tues. i also think it says USUALLY dispatched in 24hrs

DanielRobinson

DanielRobinson

Winstanleys Bmx. A Mistake? post #19
lol i wanted helmet and pads from winstanleys and they emailed me about 5 days after my order wa supposed to arrive that it would be 2 months until they had them in stock :mad: and it said in stock ......

Also it took them ages to refund the money...

Rage

Rage

Winstanleys Bmx. A Mistake? post #20
They are pretty good. i ordered somet on monday. and they came friday...

New Topics