Will Scooters Make A Come Back?

• Discuss Will Scooters Make A Come Back? in the NBR - Not BMX Related forum in area BMX-Forum Community - more stuff; Ok seeing as most extreme sports started out huge as a fad then it was pretty much forgoten about then a few good, lets use skateboarding... ...
sledneckadam

sledneckadam

Will Scooters Make A Come Back? post #1
Ok seeing as most extreme sports started out huge as a fad then it was pretty much forgoten about then a few good, lets use skateboarding, skateboarders kept at it and then eventually they got coverage and people back into skating and made it is huge.

Do you think this will happen to scooters or was it just one big fad like yo-yos?

J

jawn

Will Scooters Make A Come Back? post #2
I wouldn't use the past tense, seems every 12 year old kid rides a scooter at their local skate park!

H

hopwhip

Will Scooters Make A Come Back? post #3
Yeah i would say it will get somewhat bigger.

I rude my scooter almost everyday for a couple of years now, and lately my friends and stuff have started riding theres and shit. But it will always be second to BMX.

blkbike

blkbike

Will Scooters Make A Come Back? post #4
well seeing how many people ride scooter in seattle and KILL it, it hasent gone yet. It would be nice to see some acually decent designed scooters that dont break all the time, or maybe a tad bigger size. I dont ride scooters but I dont hate on them either

I

itsallinthemix

Will Scooters Make A Come Back? post #5
I think the whole scooter thing will get bigger, but I don't ever see it getting as big as bmx or skate. I think it might be like the middle progression ground where you start off before progressing onto skateboarding.

I once got a scooter as the "free gift" for signing a mobile phone contract. It lasted two days before it snapped...

M

monkeyonabike

Will Scooters Make A Come Back? post #6
i really hope they dont at all my local parks skaters and bmxers hate them. they snake everyone at my local park, and if your ion the middle of a line they come next to you and tell you to stop

B

band aid

Will Scooters Make A Come Back? post #7
i ride scooters...street only because i know how it feels to get run into. or to run over someone.

sledneckadam

sledneckadam

Will Scooters Make A Come Back? post #8
I think the whole scooter thing will get bigger, but I don't ever see it getting as big as bmx or skate. I think it might be like the middle progression ground where you start off before progressing onto skateboarding.
You do have to remember that skateboarding and bmx have been out for years and scooters just came out a few years ago so they have all those years over scooters.

Theres only one kid that reall rides scooters around here but hes cool so it doesn't matter.

JoeyPower

JoeyPower

Will Scooters Make A Come Back? post #9
I scooter when I'm hurt, my bikes broken, or it's just a slow day at the park. It's kind of fun tailwhipping the shit out of everything.

DanielRobinson

DanielRobinson

Will Scooters Make A Come Back? post #10
yeah maybe...

I might take a scooter to the park one day...
Everyone snakes you anyway ... only a few who ride...
Skaters stick to 1 rail and arent in the way..

chavs and posers snake us lol

Carsten Bonde

Carsten Bonde

Will Scooters Make A Come Back? post #11
Maybe... they got some comps lige Planet X and stuff.. maybe who knows.. people in Scooters are getting pretty hardcore these days

S

SeattleBMX

Will Scooters Make A Come Back? post #12
yup, i saw a guy frontflip into a foam pit on one...

JoeyPower

JoeyPower

Will Scooters Make A Come Back? post #14
Haha. I totally forgot about this until now, check out this scooter video me and my friend Blake made two years ago, I'm the one doing tricks, he's the fat kid going down the driveway. I also really miss my mini, we moved six months ago so the long ass driveway+gates+mini ramp are now gone. Sorry for the shit quality...

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=4605203132459217237&q=L.O.V.E.+Blake

ZachS

ZachS

Will Scooters Make A Come Back? post #15
NObody rides scooters around here. not even 12 year old kids with no life.

Carsten Bonde

Carsten Bonde

Will Scooters Make A Come Back? post #16

0MGWTFBBQ

Will Scooters Make A Come Back? post #17
Their pretty fun. Just cuz everything is so easy.

Minitrix

Minitrix

Will Scooters Make A Come Back? post #18
I remember riding scooters when my best friend blew up half his spleen and couldn't ride.

Edit: Isn't Jesse Macaluso on this forum?

Q

Quen

Will Scooters Make A Come Back? post #19
i don't think they'll ever get that big. they're a mix of skating, bmx, and rollerblading and that part of rollerblading makes it three times lamer than it is. it's just too easy to be taken seriously and you can't really do that big of tricks on them outside ofa park. but i can't deny that they are a good learning tool, the only two tricks i haven't learned first on a scooter are a turndown and a table top.

T

Taylor Mefford

Will Scooters Make A Come Back? post #20
haha, i know kids who are professional scooter riders, who can do like 360's to late triple whips and things of that sort. as for the sport coming back, im pretty sure it will get really big really soon.

New Topics