Why?

C

croz

Why? post #1
I understand taking your front brake off as i have but, why change the side of your back brake the other side like many do?

I

infantry43RIDER

Why? post #2
im not understanding what you are asking sir.

E

evanc

Why? post #3
My friend does it because on his motocross bike, that's the clutch side (?).

I

infantry43RIDER

Why? post #4
oh oh you mean like put the lever on teh left side?

thats because some people are left handed i guess.

C

croz

Why? post #5
some people in britain do it to follow a "trend" sort of fashion thing on BMX's i think. Seems quite *** to me!

D

Darkmana

Why? post #6
Personally, I have my front brake on the left and have done for over 15 years. I`m right handed but it just feels more natural to have it that way.

DM

I

infantry43RIDER

Why? post #7
well if you ride back and front brakes yea usually the front ones is on the left side.

A

ashton

Why? post #8
all the bike here in australia come with the back brake lever on the left and the front on the left so some of the riders change to the right cause they are right handed. but to me i have been riding for about 1 year seriously and the left just feels normal now so i have no need to change it...

X

Xero

Why? post #9
Naaaah, the front brake is on the right... back on the left. That's the way all bikes are here in the UK. Well, every bike I have ever bought and rode has been this way anyway....?

I would go arse over tit if they were the other way round! We also drive on the left, you know! :lol:

I

infantry43RIDER

Why? post #10
wow it would take a lot of getting used to if i rode brakes and lived in the UK.

E

evanc

Why? post #11
Or, you could just change it and realize that everyone has their own preferances. It really doesn't matter.

B

Blood Puddle

Why? post #12
I have seen occasionally on dirtbikes some peopole put both levers on one side of the handlebar (clucth and front brake) except the front brake is a little "baby" lever that's tiny - why i have no damn idea, i asked someone once and he said "because i don't use the front brake" - ?!? ok...

I

infantry43RIDER

Why? post #13
evanc said:
Or, you could just change it and realize that everyone has their own preferances. It really doesn't matter.
yea but i mean just like buying one from walmart UK edition.

New Topics