WHY cassette hubs????

• Discuss WHY cassette hubs???? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I have a primo pro wheelset now in black. and my friend said i should get a cassette hub just i dont know what the F*^% the difference is. I kniw you... ...
  • Tags 180 360
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blink182bmxbiker

WHY cassette hubs???? post #1
I have a primo pro wheelset now in black. and my friend said i should get a cassette hub just i dont know what the F*^% the difference is. I kniw you can run really small cogs but what else is there. Also what kind should i get: Hazard lite with hazard cassette. hazard lite with primo cassette. or primo hula hoop with hazard cassette or primo cassette.

I

infantry43RIDER

WHY cassette hubs???? post #3
you don't need a cassette hub...just to clarify that...freewheels are just as good if they are kept up...the reason people are getting the cassette hubs is because of the smaller gearing that riders want (like me)

but you don't need to listen to your friend when he says you SHOULD get a cassette hub...get one after you read that above...if they are for you.

B

blink182bmxbiker

WHY cassette hubs???? post #4
Ok i just want to know which casette should i get. The primo or odyssey. And the primo cost more is it really worth paying more for it than the odyssey.

I

infantry43RIDER

WHY cassette hubs???? post #5
you get what you pay for remember that.

now both the primo and the odyssey cassette hubs are great...but if you want my recommendation i would say go with the primo...its amazing.

D

DezXc

WHY cassette hubs???? post #6
infantry43RIDER said:

now both the primo and the odyssey cassette hubs are great...but if you want my recommendation i would say go with the primo...its amazing.
i have the primo and its a pile of shit. my mate has had one and he bust it, then he got another a few months later (the one he has now) and he has already had to buy a new axle and the cone ****ed up

my primo is just balls, its heavy, stupidly wide, it slips, its not smooth

i have ordered an odyssey, primo sucks

B

blink182bmxbiker

WHY cassette hubs???? post #7
i think i am going with the odyssey lite cassette hub and primo hula hoop rims. i have the primo pro wheelset now and they are great.

I

infantry43RIDER

WHY cassette hubs???? post #8
DezXc said:
infantry43RIDER said:

i have the primo and its a pile of shit. my mate has had one and he bust it, then he got another a few months later (the one he has now) and he has already had to buy a new axle and the cone f*ck up

my primo is just balls, its heavy, stupidly wide, it slips, its not smooth

i have ordered an odyssey, primo sucks
your friend must suck.
haha the primo is not that heavy dude...if you are that concered with the weight you should die.

and you better not be lying about your friend...just to try and prove that primo sucks.

RuLe

RuLe

WHY cassette hubs???? post #9
my friend has the primo hub with the primo rim and it looks good but he bent it like in 5months and all he does is street stuff like 360's flatground and 180 rollouts combos and stuff, its steal rideable but it is bent a bit

I

infantry43RIDER

WHY cassette hubs???? post #10
how and the hell hahaha did your friend break the primo hula hoop just by doing some 360's on flat and 180's on flat?
my god he must be doing something wrong.
i have had my hula's for like 9 months or harder riding than that.

D

DezXc

WHY cassette hubs???? post #11
infantry43RIDER said:
your friend must suck.
haha the primo is not that heavy dude...if you are that concered with the weight you should die.

and you better not be lying about your friend...just to try and prove that primo sucks.

Yes of course my friend obviously must suck, i mean, what the hell was i thinking, it must take a totally shit rider to brake a £130 hub

and the primo IS ****ing heavy you retard, i think i would know i do own one. Its like 6oz heavier then others, thats almost half a pound

and why the **** would i be lying about my friend?

your so ****ing dumb, no wonder why you blend in with this board so well, before you post anymore bullshit maybe you should consider killing yourself

R

rocket

WHY cassette hubs???? post #12
RuLe said:
my friend has the primo hub with the primo rim and it looks good but he bent it like in 5months and all he does is street stuff like 360's flatground and 180 rollouts combos and stuff, its steal rideable but it is bent a bit
thats what happens when you dont keep spokes tightened. so many riders fail to do it.

as far as a cassette...i think the Odyssey is better than the Primo.

RuLe

RuLe

WHY cassette hubs???? post #13
infantry43RIDER is the stupidest MOD here

and why dont u read what i said again. because u cant read. go back to school. Theirs a big difference between Break and Bend

I

infantry43RIDER

WHY cassette hubs???? post #14
DezXc said:
infantry43RIDER said:
your friend must suck.

Yes of course my friend obviously must suck, i mean, what the hell was i thinking, it must take a totally shit rider to brake a £130 hub

and the primo IS f*ck heavy you retard, i think i would know i do own one. Its like 6oz heavier then others, thats almost half a pound

and why the f*ck would i be lying about my friend?

your so f*ck dumb, no wonder why you blend in with this board so well, before you post anymore bullshit maybe you should consider killing yourself
i own one too smart guy...it made my bike = 27.7 pounds instead of like 26...oops....sorry.

F

federal_rider12

WHY cassette hubs???? post #15
well like u said u can run them smaller they also have sealed bearings to be smoother and longer lastin of course i havent riden one since i dont have the money but i also heard they dont have as good engage as a freewheel so overall they can run smaller, have sealed bearings, and last longer then a freewheel(i didnt add in the fact of a rear hub for the freewheel)

RuLe

RuLe

WHY cassette hubs???? post #16
whats the best hub to run for peopel that manuall? My bike slows down to fast and i just got the new hub so its not dirt. I can manuall so far my bike stops before i stop. i was wondering what hub i woulod need to cruise longer and does it cruise faster with smaller cogs or bigger cogs? just wondering

F

federal_rider12

WHY cassette hubs???? post #17
8O 8O 8O 8O :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ne hub or cassette its how tight it is and how tight the chain is and other things like i said before u r just gonna to want to let a shop take care of everythin since u didnt even know bout grease!!!

D

DezXc

WHY cassette hubs???? post #18
infantry43RIDER said:
i own one too smart guy...it made my bike = 27.7 pounds instead of like 26...oops....sorry.

27.7? and your saying i should die for being weight consious?

I smell bullshit.

your a ****ing hypocrite, you critisise everyone who wants light parts yet look at (what your say is) the weight of your bike

you really should die.

B

blink182bmxbiker

WHY cassette hubs???? post #19
DezXc said:
infantry43RIDER said:
and the primo IS f*ck heavy you retard, i think i would know i do own one. Its like 6oz heavier then others, thats almost half a pound

ok the rim is not heavy at all the primo is 20.1 oz. the oddysey hazard lites are 17.7 and those arent that strong. Sun 4-play is 23.9. ok so primo hula hoops are not heavy at all. If anything your fat ass is too heavy.

I

infantry43RIDER

WHY cassette hubs???? post #20
see you people don't get it.

i don't sit around and be like oh this is lighter or oh i need this because its not as heavy as this part over here that is stronger oh oh oh.

my WTP 4 seasons is 6 pounds 14 oz...i bought a Mutiny Punisher and that is 7 pounds 4 oz...as i was saying i wasn't like oh i need something lighter than my 4 seasons...i just bought the mutiny because it was on sale and i love that frame.

i just pick the parts out that i feel will hold up good...i NEVER even look at the weight before i buy dude...i mean i probally have the heaviest wheel setup in the world...i don't care..i just buy what i think i can trust to hold up good...after i built up my bike i put it on the scale and it was only 27.4 pounds...ok so i get a light bike...that means i should die?...im not being a hypocrit...i don't count the weight of my bike...i just buy what I PERSONALLY think is strongest.

good question though..i was waiting for some moron to call me a hypocrit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics