why cant i do regular grinds?

• Discuss why cant i do regular grinds? in the Street Riding forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i can do pedals ok but not peg grinds whats goin on? i been riding for about 4-5 months now and can do quite alot 180 with fakie 180 tyre... ...
M

Molesrkool

why cant i do regular grinds? post #1
i can do pedals ok but not peg grinds

whats goin on?

i been riding for about 4-5 months now and can do quite alot

180 with fakie
180 tyre tap to 360
360 flat
pedal
barspin
disaster
smith on qp
double on qp
fj tailwip and some other stuff

but i have so much trouble with grinding on ledges
i can hop plenty high enough to get onto a ledge (2ft ++ easy)
everytime i go to a ledge and as im about to land.. i take my foot off
i been trying for 2 months bit by bit.. but i cant keep my foot on the pedal
why is this? im not scared of falling.... i just need some decent help cos this is pissing me off now

ive got a 15inch grind box in my garden.... about 2 metres long so i got stuff to learn on

any reasons why?
and dont just say.. just commit.. cos i am but i cant keep it on

B

Biking2112

why cant i do regular grinds? post #2
when you hop up, tell yourself "keep foot on" over and over until you are on. if you take your foot off, go kick a wall and then it will be fine the next day and you will have it.

JustinCarter

JustinCarter

why cant i do regular grinds? post #3
You can flat 360 after 4-5 months dam bro thats good, I find when i do feebles if i lean to the left ( side i grind on ) it helps me stay on. Also dont think about grinding just try to hop on it kinda like your going to manual on it but dont hop high enough so your back peg gets on its kind of hard to explain.

Coldow91

Coldow91

why cant i do regular grinds? post #4
I never had that problem but try shifting your weight around in different directions

J

jetpilot

why cant i do regular grinds? post #5
If your foot comes off before you land on the box , i would recommend trying it on a ledge that is barely barely over peg height, just so you can get the idea of how it feels when you lock your peg onto it... instead of starting off w/something you might be scared of falling off of or whatever.

S

Snake Lizard

why cant i do regular grinds? post #6
You can't do regular grinds because you suck. J/K . It's because you don't practise them enough. One of my friends practised A VERY long time(don't know, maybe 3-4 months) untill he could finally do feebles. It's all practise.

Shaun16

Shaun16

why cant i do regular grinds? post #7
same thing happened with me,i just got an older friend tht could do them to stand there while i showed him wat happend with my foot,he told me to just manual and drop my front peg on and get the feel for tht,and then once u got tht down just add a little hop and sort of freeze ur legs against the seat.hard to explain but it worked for me

Minitrix

Minitrix

why cant i do regular grinds? post #8
Try getting into a stall first, and get stalls consistent then try to grind.

Untitled

Untitled

why cant i do regular grinds? post #9
Ive been riding for just lil over a month and i already know how to feeble ledges and such. I had the same problem of putting my foot down. The simple fact is that your too scared, or your just jumping to high and your body thinks your gonna fall. Just keep practicing, thats the only thing

Wombles

Wombles

why cant i do regular grinds? post #10
just keep trying.... you prob need to get used to somethin like this...

S

screwglue

why cant i do regular grinds? post #11
yea man, try putting all th weight on ur ass/seat so you wont have much trouble with ur feet coming down thats what happend with me, but i still have me feet come off i just have it come off to the sides. i do it with alot of tricks i stick my feet up in the air for no reason, hey oh i got the barspin vid on i justn eed to upload it

B

band aid

why cant i do regular grinds? post #12
do what biking2112 said ..say "keep foot on." to yourself...i did that learning bhop 180's and it realy helped...and i was suprised by the length of time some people said them or their friends took to learn it..."3-4 months" WHOA...i did a feeble second try. and i iced a skatepark handrail like 10th try..i'm not trying to brag i'm just saying that it is strange how fast those things came to me?...how old are you?

RideBmx92

RideBmx92

1,000,000th post poster
why cant i do regular grinds? post #13
try it on smaller ledge or thing first it doesnt come easy it takes me about couple days to get feeble and hop off and stuff its kinda easy and hard for some people hope fully u will hav it soon

S

Snake Lizard

why cant i do regular grinds? post #14
do what biking2112 said ..say "keep foot on." to yourself...i did that learning bhop 180's and it realy helped...and i was suprised by the length of time some people said them or their friends took to learn it..."3-4 months" WHOA...i did a feeble second try. and i iced a skatepark handrail like 10th try..i'm not trying to brag i'm just saying that it is strange how fast those things came to me?...how old are you?
Well, another friend of mine learned smith grinds in 1 week. It all depends on the person. You seem pretty ignorant to me, because you think EVERYONE has to learn at your speed or he's not normal or something.

U

UNIVERSALBMX502

why cant i do regular grinds? post #15
well like some other people said try it on a ledge first its easier and try to stall it first b4 grinding it thats wut i did. i learned feebles in like 2 days of riding and currently working on smiths. just keep practicing n u will get them.

L

livin2sk805

why cant i do regular grinds? post #16
You can't do regular grinds because you suck. J/K . It's because you don't practise them enough. One of my friends practised A VERY long time(don't know, maybe 3-4 months) untill he could finally do feebles. It's all practise.
i got feebles down in like a day. But im just weird like that, one day i wake up and say, i am going to do this, and i do it.

M

Molesrkool

why cant i do regular grinds? post #17

im 15
i dont know why i do this

but i never had the problem with taking my foot off with 180s.. it took me like 3 weeks to land first one with fakie but a couple months to have them every time do em..

M

Molesrkool

why cant i do regular grinds? post #18
i got feebles down in like a day. But im just weird like that, one day i wake up and say, i am going to do this, and i do it.
wish i was like that
with spins and stuff i am but not with grinds

i just cant do them.. i think i might get my pegs on in a sec and just go for it for a couple hours

S

screwglue

why cant i do regular grinds? post #19
hey wax that mother ****in curb! lol yea it a lways helps, apply generously. There isnt a thing called too much wax imo. And whne u make the wax add egg its a good ingridient

C

coolbeans4567

why cant i do regular grinds? post #20
lean into your grind.
it helps you stay on the ledge.

New Topics