which parts

• Discuss which parts in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey i am looking to get new: wheels,hubs, spokes, flywheel (front and rear) cranks brake lever brake caliper chainring / sprocket. please could... ...
B

bradcrawford

which parts post #1
Hey
i am looking to get new:
wheels,hubs, spokes, flywheel (front and rear)
cranks
brake lever
brake caliper
chainring / sprocket.
please could you tell which would be the best ones to get with £300.
and if you could, please could you tell me if they fit a dk 4 pack.
cheers

M

mdubpb815

which parts post #2
Profile hubs and cranks, try Alienation rims.

Satay

Satay

which parts post #3
g-sport or odyssey 7ka rim
g-sport hubs, dt swiss spokes
profile cranks
odyssey monolever
evo2's, fly's, or revenge brakes
tree spline drive sprocket

oh crap i didnt see that you have a budget! haha well those are the BEST parts

S

screwglue

which parts post #4
Word. Can't go wrong with G-sport unless you want something more colorful.

Spokes G-sport or Dt Swiss, Odyssey 7-ka on the back and front or hazard on the front (unless you want to go cheaper you can go with alienation or hoffman generators). Hubs profile are the best if you're willing to shell out that much dough. If not, most any cassette in the $100+ price range is good (not race stuff though). Front hub anything around $50. I usually go with what looks best.

I really like demolition breaks over revenge breaks since they are lighter and imo look cooler.

and sprocket same goes, most anything will last you a good while.

For things that fit your dk six pack...well first off your hubs need to fit your axle size which will either be 14mm or 3/8th of an inch (10mm) I'm pretty sure the back dropout size for your 4 pack is 14mm. Anyways after you get that down you can order any sprocket and go to your LBS to get an adapter if the sprocket didn't come with one already. Breaks will fit your U brake mount in the back or front unless it says back brakes only like the demolition vulcan breaks. Last thing you might want to consider is your gearing ratio (see BMX Tech FAQ). Good luck dude!

Oh and you probably can't buy much with 300 pounds since UK is expensive I think. Check out the used places!

Last edited by a moderator:
johnuk

johnuk

which parts post #5
JoeyWinkle

JoeyWinkle

which parts post #6
www.alansbmx.com
Odyssey Rear Wheel with 10T Driver=Hazard Rim, V3 Cassette £149.99
Primo Powerbites £89.99=American BB which is what the DK has.
Odyssey Monolever Medium £20.00
Odyssey Evo 2 £33.99
Sprocket-Any will do £25.00-£40.00

New Topics