Which hub is better?

• Discuss Which hub is better? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I can't decide whether to get a primo pro cassette hub or a profile cassette.....there are so many betters and worses....I need some opinions ...
  • Tags jump
O

OdysseyRider

Which hub is better? post #1
I can't decide whether to get a primo pro cassette hub or a profile cassette.....there are so many betters and worses....I need some opinions

R

rocket

Which hub is better? post #2
Even though i think the Profiles are overpriced...ive herd and read that they have less problems than most cassettes. So id go with the Profile if thats the only 2 your choosing from. Read all the reviews at
www.bmx-test.com

(My Odyssey Lite cassette with a 11T driver has been flawless for over 6 months now)

E

EPMD

Which hub is better? post #3

I

infantry43RIDER

Which hub is better? post #4
i would get the Primo...no clue why...i just like it.

P

PUBLIC_ENEMY

Which hub is better? post #5
if you dont mind the extra cash to pay- profile

T

Trimix

Which hub is better? post #6
Profile, and get the mini :)

O

OdysseyRider

Which hub is better? post #7
i would go with the mini, but for one thing, its 36h, and i case a lot on jumps, and it doesnt come in LHD and i have right pegs. Well I have never seen it in LHD

P

Pyro insaine

Which hub is better? post #8
i know guys that ride both and after a year of street abuse the primo looks and runs like shit and the profile has minor problems

T

Trimix

Which hub is better? post #9
OdysseyRider said:
i would go with the mini, but for one thing, its 36h, and i case a lot on jumps, and it doesnt come in LHD and i have right pegs. Well I have never seen it in LHD
I have one, and it is LHD. I run a 25/9....and you are right in that they only come in 36H. I run 36H on both wheels. I do all kinds of abusive stuff to my wheels......it's all in keeping spokes tight.

O

OdysseyRider

Which hub is better? post #10
Where did u get it from?

RuLe

RuLe

Which hub is better? post #11
if u got the money go and get profile but my friend qhich is like 5x better then me has the primo cassette and i even rode it. that thing is awesome. I rode the profile too and it wasnt as smooth but of course the hub was 2 years old and the primo one was 1year old but if u want to save money or use extra money for other things then get the primo.

A good thing if u go on albes.com and go to the primo and pick everything you want. you can get the 9 tooth titamium driver with the extra cogs like 13 - 16 for the exactle price of the profile but u only get 1 cog and i dont think they are titamium because it doesnt say on albes.

i was thinking of getting the profile but instead i mit go with the primo cassette so i can get the new primo balance seat, and i was gonna get the front alex 3/8 for less weight so i have to buy the axle convertors and that ammount is like 10 - 20 dollars less then what u pay for the profile all together

ThumperTwistSS

ThumperTwistSS

Which hub is better? post #12
I ride a profile SS Cassett, and the SS fron hub!! I cant complain at all. I love how it sounds, how smooth it rides, I have not yet ran into any problems, other then gaining speed like none other. You will be impressed thats for sure! Id say the SS, the black hub looks sweet, its kinda faded.... Silver is nice to

-db

New Topics