which front hub?!?!?!

• Discuss which front hub?!?!?! in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I am building up a new front wheel and don't know which hub to get. I wanted a Coalition to match my cassette but they don't have them in black... ...

203rider

which front hub?!?!?! post #1
I am building up a new front wheel and don't know which hub to get. I wanted a Coalition to match my cassette but they don't have them in black anymore. I can't decide between the DK Alpha and the Demo Bulimia.

203rider

which front hub?!?!?! post #2
Guess nobody here rides these hubs?

J

johnny homeless

which front hub?!?!?! post #3
i run a marmoset at the moment, so this isn't from experience. i would say the demo out those two, simply because i've seen and heard of a lot of people running them. i've never heard of anyone running the dk. that said, like most bmx parts, both hubs probably pretty much the same.

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

which front hub?!?!?! post #4
ODY Vandero 2 Gsport axle and well priced FTW

C

Connor93

which front hub?!?!?! post #5
They're not the best options for a hub. If you were looking for the best hubs on the market, you should look at the fly hub, g-sport marmoset, vandero 2, primo n4. In my opinion they're the best hubs out at the moment.
However if you are restricted to those 2 hubs i'd go for the demolition.

Pickles

Pickles

which front hub?!?!?! post #6
They're not the best options for a hub. If you were looking for the best hubs on the market, you should look at the fly hub, g-sport marmoset, vandero 2, primo n4. In my opinion they're the best hubs out at the moment.
However if you are restricted to those 2 hubs i'd go for the demolition.
Connor knows what hes talking about

for 3/8:
stick to female. especially for grinding. Ive found that WTP and Fly are about equal in strength,so after that its just looks. somewhat on price. Gsport is way overpriced though,its equal in strength maybe even weaker then the WTP and fly.

for 14mm:
male or female,depends if youre a wicked hack,or want to shave some weight. GSport is the only 14mm female I can think of for female. BUT I run a 14mm season hub,honestly...I laced it,put it on....havent touched it since. cone nuts never came loose,bearings are in good shape,that was about a year ago!I bought it as a sub in while I saved up for a wtp w/ adaptors,then I just...liked it,so I kept it,and I dont regret it!

for 40 bucks too,its the MOST underestimated hub ever,I have to say

stay away from:
-Simple Eject hub,it isnt worth it,and the axle is weaker then most females
-KHE's version of the Simple...Lolita I think?
-Profile. Not worth it. way over priced.
-gsport 3/8,again overpriced
-3/8 non female,especially with grinding!
-Roundwheels. not worth it.

New Topics