which cranks?

• Discuss which cranks? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; :?: what cranks do you recamend money is no problem. at the moment i aim leaning towards get profile cranks but if uno anything else which u think is... ...
  • Tags cranks
C

custom_bmx

which cranks? post #1
:?: what cranks do you recamend money is no problem. at the moment i aim leaning towards get profile cranks but if uno anything else which u think is better for the money please tell me

M

Mr_Shrapnel

which cranks? post #2
generally most people feel that if you get a primo, profile, solid, or a rnc, then any of those will be amazing, and should last for eons.

if you want tubular cro-mo cranks, check out either the solid or the profile if you want aluminium cranks, get the primo, or the rnc.

i run a primo powerbite (have done fro about 2 years) and it rules, i havent had to mess with it once, and it shows hardly any sign of wear. other, than that, its up to you man.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

which cranks? post #3
most people swear bu primo, solid, profile or rnc. if you get any of those you will have no troube at all. all of them are very strong, light weight, and have titanium spindles, and euro bbs available (if thats your type of thing).

if you want a cro-mo crank - get the solid or profile
if you want an aluminium crank - go for the primo or the rnc

i run a primo powerbite *have done for about 2 years), and it rules, i havent had to adjust it once, and hardky shows any sign of wear.
other thank that, its up to you man.

F

federal_rider12

which cranks? post #4
i stick with demolition and rnc. ive heard problems with primo(bike shop i go to uses them alot and they always had problems everytime, one guy rides them 4 times now!! but he got dk chop stix now), steel pedal insert slips with the pedal spindle so you have to rip it out, arm moved a bunch on spindle( arm was machined wrong), powder coating screwed up threads and spindle boss. rnc crank has titanium pedal insert and so it wont slip, it has a pin that holds it in place. rnc you get more bang for buck, and its machined in house, not in another country, he makes them right there and because of that he puts a lifetime warranty against bending and breaking on them. also he rides so he knows what happens to them and feels good about the integerity of the cranks so he can put the lifetime warranty on them.

ak_freebird

ak_freebird

which cranks? post #5
I have the Snafu 4130 cranks and there holding up good. Most people I've seen around here have either Profiles or Primos.

P

[PRIMO]

which cranks? post #6
if i were you and money was no problem i would run with the profile oversized, or the demolition

X

XIII

which cranks? post #7
Odyssey 41 THERMAL all the way

or... I have DK Chop Stix (they are decent)

I

infantry43RIDER

which cranks? post #8
i personally would recommend either Profiles or RNC.

P

Pyro insaine

which cranks? post #9
i run a primo powerbite and i love it and havent had many problems w/ it exept i forgot to put the spacers on the spindle but after i figured it out and now it works great

i havent even upgraded the spindle to hollow or titainium and my arms are the old style w/out the steel inserts but if the newer type is any thing close to mine u'll love it and save $50 to by a titanium spindle

R

rocket

which cranks? post #10
I agree with what federal_rider12 said about the Powerbites. ive read in magazines and on the net about cases where the inserts have come loose.

I myself have been running profile cranks for 8 years now. the old saying ....."if it aint broke dont fix it" applies with me and Profile cranks. another good thing about them is that you can easally buy any part of the crank rather than buying a whole new set.

P

piercerides

which cranks? post #11
i have ridden many a crank and I can tell a difference between 1 piece and 3 piece etc. but as far as whos logo is written on the side I would have to say there is not much difference to go crazy about

RuLe

RuLe

which cranks? post #12
primo powerbite or demolitions alumium

I

infantry43RIDER

which cranks? post #13
basically the same exact thing.

New Topics