Which 3pc?

• Discuss Which 3pc? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I am looking around at 3 Piece Cranks at the moment, I want a relatively cheap but strong and sealed one, basically I dont wanna spend over £100 but if... ...
  • Tags cranks
N

NiNo

Which 3pc? post #1
I am looking around at 3 Piece Cranks at the moment, I want a relatively cheap but strong and sealed one, basically I dont wanna spend over £100 but if I need to I will, could anyone recommend a decent 3pc sealed and strong for around £100 or lower, if not just over?

L

leon_luxton

Which 3pc? post #2
primo powerbite 3pc cranks £106
WTP pro 3pc cranks £99
thats all i can think of that are any good... :D

F

FT rider

Which 3pc? post #3
primo powerbites £99.99

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Which 3pc? post #4
yeah i would say a primo powerbite. the wethepeople crank is also very good. if you dont mind spending a little more, check out profile cranks. at the moment i run a powerbite (have been for close to two years) and it rules, i have had no problems with it, i would recommend it. you should be able to get one for £100, but if not its worth paying £10-15 more, because it is such a great crank.

T

traildemon

Which 3pc? post #5
YEP POWERBITE4S RULE..check out the new primo cranks, I'm not sure what they're called. Also the naste wessel sign cranks from demolition are also very good. I've heard bad things about the snafu cranks though

I

infantry43RIDER

Which 3pc? post #6
the new primo cranks are the Excel...they are primo's chromoly cranks.

i don't think they are catching on too well though...seeing as how we are in a weight freak society and those cranks weigh in at like 51 oz...compared to profile and powerbite at around 42 oz.

F

federal_rider12

Which 3pc? post #7
man everyone wants or rides a powerbite i admit i use to till i found out all the probs with them so now im tryin to get a RNC Aluminum or if i cant get that then a Demolition Chromoly

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Which 3pc? post #8
dont forget, the guy said he wanted to spend about £100, the excel cost about £140.

i still say go with the powerbites.

wtp omen

wtp omen

Which 3pc? post #9
i've been riding a 1-piece since i started riding, almost 2 years.
it's one of those heavy mongoose ones with the really fat drive side.

anyway, it lasted ages but i finally snapped it the other day. doing a gap at the skatepark, i landed and i thought my foot slipped off my pedal so i stop and look down.
i'm like "what the ****?!?! where did half of my crank go?!?!?" and it was lying a few meters behind me, so i go and pick it up and notice that my knee is a little sore. i roll up my jeans and the is a large cut on my knee from bashing it against my stem.

it didn't really hurt, but now my knee is really stiff and it hurts when i stand up.
so, **** one piece cranks!

now i'm stuck riding a really shit 165mm one piece until i can get enough cash together for a real crank.

right now i have $150(i live in australia) so i'm not sure if i should buy one of the cheaper 3-piece cranks or just live with a 165mm 1-piece until i can afford some profiles or other good quality cranks.
i think i might keep saving and buy a good set, i kind of want profiles, which are about $300

I

infantry43RIDER

Which 3pc? post #10
Mr_Shrapnel said:
dont forget, the guy said he wanted to spend about £100, the excel cost about £140.

i still say go with the powerbites.
i know.
i think someone asked about the new cranks from primo so i was just answering them.

E

EPMD

Which 3pc? post #11
wtp omen said:
i've been riding a 1-piece since i started riding, almost 2 years.
it's one of those heavy mongoose ones with the really fat drive side.

anyway, it lasted ages but i finally snapped it the other day. doing a gap at the skatepark, i landed and i thought my foot slipped off my pedal so i stop and look down.
i'm like "what the f*ck?!?! where did half of my crank go?!?!?" and it was lying a few meters behind me, so i go and pick it up and notice that my knee is a little sore. i roll up my jeans and the is a large cut on my knee from bashing it against my stem.

it didn't really hurt, but now my knee is really stiff and it hurts when i stand up.
so, f*ck one piece cranks!

now i'm stuck riding a really shit 165mm one piece until i can get enough cash together for a real crank.

right now i have $150(i live in australia) so i'm not sure if i should buy one of the cheaper 3-piece cranks or just live with a 165mm 1-piece until i can afford some profiles or other good quality cranks.
i think i might keep saving and buy a good set, i kind of want profiles, which are about $300
ahahah :lol:

New Topics