Where to start?

• Discuss Where to start? in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I want to start doing tricks but I havent did something like that before which trick is the easiest to start? ...
  • Tags bmx dirt flatland jump manual no footer street
D

dorlin

Where to start? post #1
I want to start doing tricks but I havent did something like that before which trick is the easiest to start?

E

EPMD

Where to start? post #2
-1 footer
-no footer
-manual

try those

D

dorlin

Where to start? post #3
thanks but where can I find those tricks (how to do that trick)

I

infantry43RIDER

Where to start? post #4
are you serious?

1-footer = take one foot off
and what do you think a no footer is?
manual...you haven't heard of that?

common sence.

S

sentaafEQpovar

Where to start? post #5
i can garentee he doesnt have any sort of ramp anywhere

G

Where to start? post #6
#1 are you into street?...#2 are you into dirt?....#3 are you into flatland....#4 do you have ramps?....#5 do you have jumps?.....#6 wtf kind of tricks do ou want to do?

D

dorlin

Where to start? post #7
Pobey said:
#1 are you into street?...#2 are you into dirt?....#3 are you into flatland....#4 do you have ramps?....#5 do you have jumps?.....#6 wtf kind of tricks do ou want to do?
1- I'm into street
4- No unfortunetly I have no ramps and there arent skate parks here
5- If you mean if i can jump,I dont know how to jump. Also I dont have platforms to jump.
6- I want to do easy and small tricks

S

sentaafEQpovar

Where to start? post #8
he doesnt no the diff between any of those things pobie.... remember when we was nubs?

G

Where to start? post #9
yea i guess so

i guess what you could do is get a few of your friends and make little lumps out of dirt or tiny ramps out of bricks and wood and jumps off them then learn how to balance and stuff i guess

B

bruisedbob

Where to start? post #11
get a how to video. any will do and will give you some trick vocabulary.

F

federal_rider12

Where to start? post #12
a how to dont help u find out how the trick is done then go try it and dont copy others do it how u like to like some guys to a 90 degree x-up and others a 270 degree x-up its all in style not the trick style is what counts but let me ask u this do u know how to bunnyhop???? since ur askin bout a how to for a no footer, one hander, manual, one footer or whatever

D

dorlin

Where to start? post #13
I dont know any tricks including bunnyhop.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Where to start? post #14
ok stop being prats guys, this guy is obviously just starting out. dorlin, just start with a bunny hop, then when you have got that down, do some more bunny hops, do bunny hops until you have nightmares about them, then do them of stuff like curbs, steps, over walls etc etc. most importantly however, do it as much and as often as you physically can. BMX is not something that will just click over night, it take alot of time, and bunnyhops - even though simple - are an integral part of BMX. after you feel comfortable on you bike, just think of simple trick to do at first like endos, 180's on flat, and manuals. BMX is all about progression start of small just getting used to your bike until it is like an extension of your body, then move on to other stuff, and don't follow a guide or anything like that cos this if freestyle, you do what you want. if you want to hop and grab your seat, do it, if you want to hop and take your foot off, do it, if you want to ride backwards do it.

most importantly however be part of BMX, read BMX mags cover to cover (I recommend looking glass, dig, ride UK and national geographic...ok so it not BMX but its still good) and watch BMX videos/dvd's.

but even more importantly, just ride where ever, when ever, and how ever you want......just go for a cruise hopping over curbs around town, whatever. don't expect to do all the big arse x-gaymes tricks, as soon as you start riding, it will come with time, just stick with it, no matter the season or how crap you think you are.

if you cant find anywhere to ride, just look around town, build some dirt jumps, make some ramps, and be prepared to travel to skate parks and out of town street spots.

and a really good piece of advice is to get a friend which rides to ride with you it much more fun that way, if you don't know anyone try and get one of your school friends to start riding or something.

heheh just reading all that reminds me of jerry springers final thought...if he rode BMX offcourse....damn im ***...oh well.

L

leon_luxton

Where to start? post #15
hahaha..lol...welcome to BMX and welcome to the UNWELCOMING people on these forums.have fun

F

federal_rider12

Where to start? post #16
i wasnt bein an ass i was just statin that it seems he is completely new and needs to start a square one the bunnyhop

T

Trimix

Where to start? post #17
dorlin said:
I want to start doing tricks but I havent did something like that before which trick is the easiest to start?
Start with basics. Balance. To facilitate this, start by learning bunnyhops and manuals. Meanwhile, chuck yourself off stuff....(ramps, short curbs, etc) and get the feel of the way the bike behaves underneath you.

I would not think no footers and the like would be the place to start, although people learn differently. Some are more natural than others, and some have to work at it......like me.

New Topics