What's the best new school rear hub out there?

• Discuss What's the best new school rear hub out there? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I am currently building up a new school bike and I could use some advice on hubs. Growing up in the 80's I was familiar with all the old school bikes... ...
J

JukeBoxHero

What's the best new school rear hub out there? post #1
I am currently building up a new school bike and I could use some advice on hubs. Growing up in the 80's I was familiar with all the old school bikes and parts but I am very unfamiliar with new parts. What would you recommend for a rear hub. Strong and durable is what I am looking for. I will be riding mostly street and dirt. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Lemontime

Lemontime

What's the best new school rear hub out there? post #3
The, arguably, strongest hub out today is the Proper Magnalite 3 Cassette.
It uses Ceramic bushings as opposed to most hubs that just use regular sealed bearings. Ceramic bushings are far stronger and more durable, and also require less maintenance.

mmm fit bikes

mmm fit bikes

What's the best new school rear hub out there? post #4
i can debate that
the profile 8T has a ceramic sleave bearing also and it only lasted about 5 mounts
i say get an odyssey v3 cassette it will last as long as you can

C

Connor93

What's the best new school rear hub out there? post #5
I love my primo mix. Its strong, engages well and all round the best hub ive had, and i havent heard complaints about them.

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

What's the best new school rear hub out there? post #6
V3 is a good hub to go with, basically you want sealed bearings or something of similar quality a 3 prong driver in most cases, and no fewer then 10 teeth. If you go under 10T you'll have issues with the driver, bearings, your chain and so on. Personally I think the Gsport Ratchet will be the best hub to date when it comes out.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

What's the best new school rear hub out there? post #7
i don't have any experience with the Primo Mix hub, but i have heard nothing but good things about it. the Odyssey hubs are nice too, especially because you can get spare parts for it so easily. also, the Odyssey hub has gone through three revisions but the old parts still work on all the new hubs.

203rider

What's the best new school rear hub out there? post #8
Primo no doubt is the strongest hub. I rode a Primo Pro cassette for awhile and that thing was a TANK.

Superbeast

Superbeast

What's the best new school rear hub out there? post #9
Primo or wtp supreme are the two best hubs imo out there.
Primo i have had personal experience with an it was the best i have ever had, better than any odyssey, or anything

New Topics