Whats more important - the bike you ride or that you ride?

• Discuss Whats more important - the bike you ride or that you ride? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; As the title says...... ...
L

LordBanks

Whats more important - the bike you ride or that you ride? post #1
As the title says......

eastpak

eastpak

Whats more important - the bike you ride or that you ride? post #2
Its just the fact that you ride is most important. Who cares what bike you ride? You could ride a shitty old bike you found in a ditch but its the fact that by riding it your supporting something much bigger and making a contribution towards keeping this sport as big as it has come to be.

iwantaninertia

iwantaninertia

Whats more important - the bike you ride or that you ride? post #3
I say that you ride is more important but it helps to have a nice bike in regards to being able to do bigger tricks. Go big or go home is the name of the game LOL JK

basicboy

basicboy

Whats more important - the bike you ride or that you ride? post #4
i think that you ride
i would rather be riding with loads of people on crap bikes
then be riding on my own

DAN1991

DAN1991

Whats more important - the bike you ride or that you ride? post #5
I think attitude helps too.

Shitty attitude kids on shit bikes is bad. Good attitude people on shit bike is good.

K

knt102000

Whats more important - the bike you ride or that you ride? post #6
if you didnt ride u wouldnt have a bike therefore the fact that u ride is more important

J

johnny homeless

Whats more important - the bike you ride or that you ride? post #7

Shitty attitude kids on shit bikes is bad. Good attitude people on shit bike is good.
shitty attitude kids on nice bikes is bad too. remember kids: don't be an arsehole.

bmxad123

bmxad123

Whats more important - the bike you ride or that you ride? post #8
it is more important tht u ride but is also good to hav a ride u like i mean it would put u off ridin something tht doesnt ride the way it is supposed to wouldnt it? tht wat i say anyway

noblet

noblet

Whats more important - the bike you ride or that you ride? post #9
I've always seen it like this:

You get some generic bike and you ride.

As you progress so does your bike, adding newer and better parts, until your bike is dialled and you feel comfortable with it.

I think a riders bike should match their riding ability otherwise its pointless shelling out good money for parts that you don't actually need.

Am I wrong for thinking this?

J

johnny homeless

Whats more important - the bike you ride or that you ride? post #10
I've always seen it like this:

You get some generic bike and you ride.

As you progress so does your bike, adding newer and better parts, until your bike is dialled and you feel comfortable with it.

I think a riders bike should match their riding ability otherwise its pointless shelling out good money for parts that you don't actually need.

Am I wrong for thinking this?
no, i don't think you are. you look a bit of a **** if you've got a really expensive bike but can't ride for shit.

bmx1986

bmx1986

Whats more important - the bike you ride or that you ride? post #11
I don't think either should be considered when a judgement is being made of a person. A bike or your ability does not dictate what you're like as a person. You deserve a slap for even making this thread. It's like saying you don't like someone because they can't swim or are wearing reebok trainers, what a looser.

johnuk

johnuk

Whats more important - the bike you ride or that you ride? post #12
that you ride

"Originally Posted by DAN1991

----------------------------------------------
shitty attitude kids on nice bikes is bad too. remember kids: don't be an arsehole. "

I also agree

My previous bike was from the 80's, caked in rust and squeaked like a whore's dirty, overused bed - commonly seen lining skips. I decked it out with wire rope lights to get it looking pimped at night - in a retro sense. My current bike is probably somewhere between $3 and 4k, even though it doesn't look it. They're both as much fun in their own ways. I only have an attitude towards kids on cheaper bikes when they start shouting shit to me about mine in the street, when they obviously have no idea what they're talking about, just the mouth to run

So long as someone's trying to improve themselves or doing something they enjoy and not hurting anyone, they can do whatever they like, however they like and I'll be happy for them

Last edited:
the ace of spade

the ace of spade

Whats more important - the bike you ride or that you ride? post #13
all that matters is that you ride. the guys i ride with, they dont even care if you can throw down some huge tricks or just hop a curb, all that matters is that you go out, and give it some effort, and have a good time

J

joster92

Whats more important - the bike you ride or that you ride? post #14
hello

my namne is johan

aldrix

aldrix

Whats more important - the bike you ride or that you ride? post #15
I remember reading something on Feng Zhu's (an awesome concept artist for movies & games) website where he talked about all the questions he gets about the materials he uses and he said:

"The tools don't make the artist"

I doubt anyone cares what kind of paintbrush or canvas DaVinci used, the important thing is that he used them.

lewis211

lewis211

Whats more important - the bike you ride or that you ride? post #16
shitty attitude kids on nice bikes is bad too. remember kids: don't be an arsehole.
i met an arse hole at the park and he was pretty good. he had a go at me and all i did was piss all over my mates bike cos he was bein a dick. and he started bein a dick!! he was like u been ridin a year, u cant really sdo much then can u... i nearly smacked him in the feace then and there. he was gonna beat my mate up but it wud be him vs like the other 12 guys at the park cos every1 hated him. i mean so what if ur fckin 2 years older thn me ill still kick ur scrawny little ASS!!

Justin

Justin

Whats more important - the bike you ride or that you ride? post #17
^ There's always going to be "that guy"...

But the point is that you ride. The bike doesn't make the rider.

Skizzo

Skizzo

Whats more important - the bike you ride or that you ride? post #18
I don't think either should be considered when a judgement is being made of a person. A bike or your ability does not dictate what you're like as a person. You deserve a slap for even making this thread. It's like saying you don't like someone because they can't swim or are wearing reebok trainers, what a LOSER.
1. FIXED

2. Who said the maker of this thread is judging a person? He simply asked whats more important the bike you ride or that you ride. Its a philosophical question, not a shot at someones integrity

3. That you ride is more important than what bike you ride.

gInGeR kId

gInGeR kId

Whats more important - the bike you ride or that you ride? post #19
Riding is waay more important, who cares if someone has a bad bike and is good or hasnice bike and is bad.

L

LordBanks

Whats more important - the bike you ride or that you ride? post #20
I don't think either should be considered when a judgement is being made of a person. A bike or your ability does not dictate what you're like as a person. You deserve a slap for even making this thread. It's like saying you don't like someone because they can't swim or are wearing reebok trainers, what a looser.

You've missed the point completey.

Anyway, i'm down in Sheffield at the weekend, seeing me sis at uni.

You wanna meet up so you can give me 'that slap'?

New Topics