What upgrades should I do...

• Discuss What upgrades should I do... in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey guys, I just got a MirraCo Blend One the other week, I am wanting to make this a pretty sick bike.. I ride mostly street, I hit the park every once... ...
rebman

rebman

What upgrades should I do... post #1
Hey guys, I just got a MirraCo Blend One the other week, I am wanting to make this a pretty sick bike.. I ride mostly street, I hit the park every once and a while.

Here's some of the spec's on it:

Frame 20” T/T full Crmo w/ American BB shell & 6mm dropouts Fork Mirraco full Crmo w/ 3/8” dropouts & cut-outs for pegs Headset VP A-71 Aheadset 1-1/8” Crankset M3 3pc Crmo 170mm, 19mmx8-spline Crmo axle BB Set American BB 2 sealed bearings Sprocket M3 alloy 33t Freewheel cassette 12t cog / LHD Chain KMC Z410 Pedals Wellgo alloy 9/16” loose ball, Crmo axles Handlebar M3 2pc 7.0” Crmo 2.0T Stem M3 Downside alloy Aheadset 1-1/8” Grips Snafu Freestyle / low flange Saddle M3 Blend 8mm rails Seat Post alloy 25.4x200mm Seat Clamp M3 alloy 28.6mm Front Hub M3 alloy 36h w/ 3/8” Crmo axle, loose ball Rear Hub M3 alloy cassette 36h w/ 14mm Crmo hollow axle, LHD, loose ball Rims Sun Rims Rhyno Lite doublewall, 36h black anodized Spokes 14g Tires Maxxis M-Tread 20x2.1” front, 1.85” rear, 110 PSI Pegs/Acc. steel w/ inserts (1 pair) Rotor SST Oryg w/ SST top & lower cables Brakes Tektro FX-570 alloy rear U-brake w/ soft grey pads Brake Lever Snafu C-Lever alloy w/ hinge Weight 29.5 lbs / 13.4 kgs

So, what are some good things I should upgrade.

Thanks for the help!

CodyPrince

CodyPrince

What upgrades should I do... post #2
Brakless, 4 pegs. thats all you need to do, slam seat and all that shit

rebman

rebman

What upgrades should I do... post #3
Anyone else?

K

Kirbs

What upgrades should I do... post #4
Get a new bike....

ruzakruzak

ruzakruzak

What upgrades should I do... post #5
Upgrade the rider : get him brains...

atl

atl

What upgrades should I do... post #6
first thing you will need when it breaks are the unsealed hubs so be on the look out for a wheelset when those hubs get thrashed a while down the road.

M

marks86

What upgrades should I do... post #7
ride the bike until it breaks. then upgrade the parts

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

What upgrades should I do... post #8
handlebars. you don't need huge handlebars to be like all the trendy kids, but those sound tiny!

rebman

rebman

What upgrades should I do... post #9
What's wrong with the bike? it does everything I want it to do..

Marcelwk

Marcelwk

What upgrades should I do... post #10
then it's all cool.. It's your bike.. just ride until something breaks.. I always keep checking mail order websites and when they have something I really like, I'll buy it. Even though that part isnt really broken..
Buy shit that you like or if you dont have much money often, you can save up and replace partst that break.. Unsealed hubs will probably break soon..

rebman

rebman

What upgrades should I do... post #11
Yeah, well some of those post's made me think it's junk or something IDK, I didn't ask if it was a pro level bike. I just wanted to know some of the weak links on this bike so I can be prepared to upgrade to better parts...

That's all...

zzzzzzz

zzzzzzz

What upgrades should I do... post #12
Yeah, well some of those post's made me think it's junk or something IDK, I didn't ask if it was a pro level bike. I just wanted to know some of the weak links on this bike so I can be prepared to upgrade to better parts...

That's all...
Rebman, first off, don't pay much attention to half the idiots on this site. If you're happy with the bike, then ride it. When you get better and learn more about bikes, components, and how they are built, then you'll upgrade to a new ride.

As for your bike, it's a decent entry level bike. I'm assuming you are an entry level rider, so you don't need a pro level bike just yet. Ride your bike, be happy, and upgrade if and when you want to. There's a ton of good bikes out there, even by Mirraco. There LTD bikes are some of the best completes around, if you wanna lay down $2000 for a bike. Everyone has different tastes, follow different trends, whatever. Do what you want, set up your bike how you want it, and just ride. Like I said, the more you ride and hang out with other riders, the more you'll learn and know what you want in your next bike.

rebman

rebman

What upgrades should I do... post #13

New Topics