what tricks should i learn first?

• Discuss what tricks should i learn first? in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i was going for the manual but everyone is telling me to try manuals while learning other tricks..what tricks should i learn aswell as manuals? ...
  • Tags bike bmx endo flatland gt hang 5 manual tailwhip wheelie
popad0t

popad0t

what tricks should i learn first? post #1
i was going for the manual but everyone is telling me to try manuals while learning other tricks..what tricks should i learn aswell as manuals?

S

sentaafEQpovar

what tricks should i learn first? post #2
bunnyhops and small gaps and small plywood make shift ramps

S

sentaafEQpovar

what tricks should i learn first? post #3
nice!

popad0t

popad0t

what tricks should i learn first? post #4
uhm wats nice?but to bunnyhop dont u have to know how to manual?

ak_freebird

ak_freebird

what tricks should i learn first? post #5
Not really, it could help though. Try learning crankflips, x ups, one footers, and one handers. Some beginer tricks there.

popad0t

popad0t

what tricks should i learn first? post #6
o and im talking about flatland not dirt or anything..sorry

F

federal_rider12

what tricks should i learn first? post #7
well then if your doing flatland you dont need to know how to bunnyhop but its always nice to know and might help out, i dont do flatland so i wouldnt know) you would want to learn how to balance like keep doing endo's and hang 5 then move onto tricks like i dont know maybe tailwhip and steamroller, when i tried flatland thats what i first started trying, then just learn wheres your sweet spot and gain your strength and your balance will get better and keep moving onto new tricks check out http://bikeflat.com

F

FOL

what tricks should i learn first? post #8
federal_rider12 said:
well then if your doing flatland you dont need to know how to bunnyhop but its always nice to know and might help out, i dont do flatland so i wouldnt know) you would want to learn how to balance like keep doing endo's and hang 5 then move onto tricks like i dont know maybe tailwhip and steamroller, when i tried flatland thats what i first started trying, then just learn wheres your sweet spot and gain your strength and your balance will get better and keep moving onto new tricks check out http://bikeflat.com
hehe bad advice about the hang 5...you should really forget about hang 5 when you are just starting.

Go to www.bmxtrix and then how to and then flatland... Go from above to below and skip some tricks you don't need and want (like cherry picker and nourie stand). You can try tailwhip pretty fast as well...

first:
- ride a bit
- learn endo's
- learn barspins (this one is easy, but it is just a mental barrier, because you need to let go of your bar which is a strange idea/feeling). Do it with one foot on the back peg and one foot on the pedal. Hang back, pull up your front tire a bit and swing directly 180 degrees... just try it yourself.
- try riding backwards (sitting on your steer facing the back of your bike and pedal...the faster you get in regular pedal speed the easier).
- forkglide (or wheelie). This is a very very important one. You learn how to scuff and standing on your pegs. And after you can do fork glide, pull up your back wheel (which is a fork wheelie or a backwards steamroller). REad bmxtrix for explenation.

those things are things you can learn pretty easily. If you can do these, go for pogo, steamroller, tailwhip, maybe even squeakers.

S

sandmriderbmx

what tricks should i learn first? post #9
popad0t said:
uhm wats nice?but to bunnyhop dont u have to know how to manual?
no thts a j-hop

F

federal_rider12

what tricks should i learn first? post #10
i just went by what i was trying and how i started, but i didnt want to try a hang 5 when starting because i didnt think i was ready to get into it but then i heard chad degroot say that is one of the first tricks to learn after doing endos so i went for it

F

FOL

what tricks should i learn first? post #11
federal_rider12 said:
i just went by what i was trying and how i started, but i didnt want to try a hang 5 when starting because i didnt think i was ready to get into it but then i heard chad degroot say that is one of the first tricks to learn after doing endos so i went for it
yeah I heard from a few streeters as well that they can do a hang 5....Anyway it is not easy and pretty high risk of faceplant like crashes

F

federal_rider12

what tricks should i learn first? post #12
oh yeah i know that feeling :wall: <<<too bad that cant be run laying down, i did the hang 5 like 3 times after many falls then i tried a few more things that i couldnt do so i quit flatland, which was like 1 year and i oculdnt land like anything but tailwhip and steamroller(those sometimes slipped and i fell on my bike), but i always wanted to do a carl cruiser those look awesome

New Topics