what to look for in pegs

• Discuss what to look for in pegs in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; im after some 14mm pegs dont want to spend to much what are the better ones and what to look out for ...
C

cam cap

what to look for in pegs post #1
im after some 14mm pegs dont want to spend to much what are the better ones and what to look out for

911freeagentbmx911

911freeagentbmx911

what to look for in pegs post #2
antispin pins the more the better so u can spin the peg when it wears down and increase the life of the pegs of course the less the weight the better in most cases and thats about all i can help you with shadow pegs are kick ass my friend had some and when i do get a new frame and run pegs im getting little ones asap but if your hardcore youd like the lean pegs

J

jawn

what to look for in pegs post #3
Depends on what you ride. Anti-spin bolt pegs are good no matter the terrain, but other things (like materials) suit some stuff better. For instance, if you only ever ride park, then dual steel/aluminium pegs will be fine (like the T1 & Fly pegs). You might want longer pegs too, so feebles on transition aren't so hard. But if you grind rough shit on street, then you'll do better with chromo pegs like the Odyssey JPEGs/GIs.

If you ride flat or do a lot of foot-on-peg tricks, then you'll want big diameter pegs, so your feet get more support. yada yada yada. Personally, I ride street & park, and use GIs (because they are thicker wall [= last longer] & longer [for transition feebles]), but that's just me & this whole post is just a very rough guide.

New Topics