What to do?

• Discuss What to do? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; My right handle bar is bent down and it is about to break off, I cannot go without riding! The only thing I can think of to do is get new handle bars... ...
  • Tags bike
C

Colorblinded

What to do? post #1
My right handle bar is bent down and it is about to break off, I cannot go without riding! The only thing I can think of to do is get new handle bars, not an easy thing to do at the moment, any suggestions besides getting new handle bars? If I don't get any, I am gonna work on just building a new bike from scratch.

S

Skid

What to do? post #2
Do what I'm doing, buy good party and put on your bike now and save the mup till next season, get a frame, and bam, new bike. Just buy new bars, there isn't anything you can do except that, unless you want to be an idiot and slap some duct tape on (I've seen it done).

H

HaRdCoReStrEEtZ

What to do? post #3
bend it back and if breaks, superglue :twisted:

C

Colorblinded

What to do? post #4
If I bent it back it would snap off :cry: I am thinking about just building a bike.

E

evanc

What to do? post #5
Just buy new bars. How hard of a concept is it?

E

EasternBMX

What to do? post #6
no i don't want to spend the money on new bars its like 55$ i'll just build a custom save some money

hahahahahahahaha

C

Colorblinded

What to do? post #7
You think it is funny but the nearest bike shop is probably an hour or more away from me and also I have no money.

E

evanc

What to do? post #8
you have no money, yet want to build another bike?

I

infantry43RIDER

What to do? post #9
unless you really hate your current ride...just don't think about it and go get some new bars...you can get bars for less that 55 dollars.

H

HaRdCoReStrEEtZ

What to do? post #10
your gonna build a whole new bike just becuase of your handle bars bending...if u don't like your bike just say it and rebuild it if u want to, but just becuase of the handle bars :?

S

sr71racer

What to do? post #11
talk to some of the people that you ride with, maybe theyd have an extra set of bars.. other then that, if u dont wanna bend it back, dont want to ride w/ bent bars, and domt want to buy new ones.... what other options do you have?

I

infantry43RIDER

What to do? post #12
yea dude about that asking around thing...i have like 5 pairs of bars laying around...and so do others i ride with...so i would really try asking some of your friends...or if you have some cheap 20" bike...just grab those bars off that thing just for temorary use.

C

Colorblinded

What to do? post #13
I asked a friend that I recently met and he is checking. It isn't just the bars that make me want to make a new bike the way I want it. This was a cheaper one for starting, I have broken both brakes and now the handlebars. Also the back tire pops all the time. If I get a job, then I will be working on a new bike, but for now I am gonna look for some bars :/

R

rage2k3

What to do? post #14
if you can, weld them for now. Check at school if thers an auto shop, they'll have the stuff you need.

A

anti-flag

What to do? post #15
you can ethier borrow a pair from a friend or buy a new pair. thats pretty much your only choice

New Topics