what to choose between an fbm or a fly?

• Discuss what to choose between an fbm or a fly? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; id like to get a street frame i'm 6,3 tall. i was thinking between a fbm howler or a flybikes tierra matte black, but the tierra has short chainstays... ...
props4bmx

props4bmx

what to choose between an fbm or a fly? post #1
id like to get a street frame i'm 6,3 tall. i was thinking between a fbm howler or a flybikes tierra matte black, but the tierra has short chainstays and i wear size 12.5 and i am afraid that i would touch the peg(also i will run freecoasters) tell me what frame should i get between those and suggest others that could be 21" also...the fly bikes tierra that i'll get will be 21.4" because it has an offset seattube and i would ride much more comfortable on a longer bike...

F

fitaitken1

what to choose between an fbm or a fly? post #2
If your that tall wouldn't you rather have a higher slung frame? like a hoffman bama or something?

A

AJIorio

what to choose between an fbm or a fly? post #3
I ride a Tierra, 20.6tt and my feet are very close to hitting my pegs, and I run my wheel pretty far back.
The Fit Eddie Frame has similar geometry to a Tierra, but with longer chainstays.
http://www.danscomp.com/211352.php?cat=FRAMESFSD
But just like FitAitken said, maybe it'd be better for you to look at a frame with a higher standover height. The Eddie and Tierra are both very low.

T

twiztidbmxfreak1

what to choose between an fbm or a fly? post #4
I know there are alot of Eastern haters on here but i think youd
like what i ride
The Reaper 1 is HUGE its just long as **** so i think it would fit you
its got a nice long back end and i think you can find one in 21.5 but
i have a 21 and its long enough and im 6 foot with long arms
Its a nice stable bike once you get use to it and its really strong
i know its not as TRENDY as the other but i promise you wont be dissapointed

T

turndown101

what to choose between an fbm or a fly? post #5
i think fly is nicer but at the end of the day its ur choice and what u prefer

ATP

ATP

what to choose between an fbm or a fly? post #6
I think any long (21.25+) frame will accommodate you nicely, given the chain stay length is suitable for your big feet. I'm tall (6'1") and ride a 20.75" with long chain stays and slammed wheel. The frame is super small feeling, the height is perfect though. My foot does not hit the peg (size 11), but it does if I'm riding with my toes on the pedal.

So if a 21"/21.25" with 13" stays is MY perfect frame, I'd imagine a 21.25/21.5 with 13.5 stays would be right for you.

But it's hard to compare, especially with different riding styles.

New Topics