What to add? Flatland

stoned-n-happy

stoned-n-happy

What to add? Flatland post #1
Hey, this is my bike, as of right now, and I'm wondering what I should change to make it more "flatland" compatible.

FRAME: Oversize 1020 Hiten frame, 6 mm thick dropouts, U brake mounts
FORK: Oversize BMX
HEADSET: 1-1/8" threadless BMX
CRANKS: Steel 1 pc
BOTTOM BRK: Standard BMX
PEDALS: BMX platform
CHAIN: KMC BMX
BAR: Axiom 2 pc Dirt bar
STEM: Alloy BMX front clamp
FRONT BRAKE: Alloy Caliper
REAR BRAKE: Alloy U brake
BRAKE LEVERS: Tektro BMX
FRONT HUB: 36 hole 14 mm axle
REAR HUB: 36 hole 14 mm axle
RIMS: Alex Y-22 BMX
SPOKES: UCP
TIRES: Fstyle/Dirt 20 x 1.85/2.125
SADDLE: Axiom grab
SEATPOST: Steel
PEGS: 4 Steel
ROTOR: N/A
FREEWHEEL: 16 Thread on
Odyssey SST Oryg Gyro

On a slightly different topic. What flat tricks should I learn. I'm really starting to get my tailwhip down, how long did it take you guys to master the flatland tailwhip, cause its taking me a while.

Thanks

P

Pyro insaine

What to add? Flatland post #2
FRAME: one thats no larger than a 19" top tube
FORK: one with u brake mounts (wtp zero degrees)
HEADSET: 1-1/8" threadless BMX
CRANKS: bizhouse 165mm
BOTTOM BRK: Standard BMX
PEDALS: ones that fit 3 pc cranks ( size is 9/16 )
CHAIN: KMC BMX
BAR: Ones with Zero backsweep
STEM: One no larger than 35mm (Bizhouse, Brickhouse, Oddysey format, etc...)
BRAKES: oddyssey evolvers
BRAKE LEVERS: Tektro BMX
WHEELS: dosent matter just go to your nearest bike shop and tell them you want to get spokes short enough so that there is no crosses.
Once you have a the spkes use a spoke wrench and take out your old ones and replace them with the new this time instead of crossing the spokes just rought them straight down to the rim.PS youll need to take your wheels w/ you so they can measure what size spokes you need.then take them back to the shop an have them true the wheels.

Rear HUB:Freecoaster (Nankai, Poverty SYM etc...)
TIRES: Primo comet same size as you have set up
SEAT: primo griped
SEATPOST: Steel
PEGS: 4 Steel
Odyssey SST Oryg Gyro

have any questions email me at msm77msm@cs.com

I

infantry43RIDER

What to add? Flatland post #3
wow yea...great job pyro.

S

stolen_rider

What to add? Flatland post #4
just a suggestion but maybe he didnt want to completely overhaull his bike so he could still use it for other stuff.

I

infantry43RIDER

What to add? Flatland post #5
yea i have realized that too...pyro basically gave him a complete flat setup...and he won't have to change all that if he doesn't want it completely flat.

stoned-n-happy

stoned-n-happy

What to add? Flatland post #6
Woah. Thanks dude. But I find it hard to believe that all of that is as neccesary as the rest.

Which parts of that reconfiguration would you say would be more neccesary than the others. And personally, I will wanting to be doing a bit of dirt jumping later on, during the summer. But, definitely I'm for flat.

EDIT: Top tube is 20.5"

I

infantry43RIDER

What to add? Flatland post #7
well ok if you are going to be doing some jumping in the sum sum...you might want to not get the bizhouse cranks...need some stronger 3pc ones..and uh idk...i would get zero sweep bars then...

stoned-n-happy

stoned-n-happy

What to add? Flatland post #8
Thanks. Can anyone answer my second question in the first post about tricks? Also, why do I need zero sweep? Whats the diff? So your saying some new bars and 3 pc cranks?

T

The Worst

What to add? Flatland post #9
I got a spinng 720 fork wheelie before I got the tailwhip...

stoned-n-happy

stoned-n-happy

What to add? Flatland post #10
So, your saying that the flatland tailwhip is really hard, and I shouldnt sweat it?

I

infantry43RIDER

What to add? Flatland post #11
stoned-n-happy said:
Thanks. Can anyone answer my second question in the first post about tricks? Also, why do I need zero sweep? Whats the diff? So your saying some new bars and 3 pc cranks?
well if you are going to want to ride dirt i wouldn't get the zero sweep bars.

L

leon_luxton

What to add? Flatland post #12
FRAME: Use frame ya have for now till ya get real good and need a change
FORK: keep also
HEADSET: keep also
CRANKS: Steel 1 pc will do ya fine
BOTTOM BRK: Standard BMX is ok
PEDALS: BMX platform are ok as well
CHAIN: KMC BMX is good
BAR: Axiom 2 pc Dirt bar ,they may need a change,i am thinking anyhtign like phile dolan flatland bars or even better odyseey bar,itzvahs
STEM: Alloy BMX front clamp is ok
FRONT BRAKE: Alloy Caliper is ok
REAR BRAKE: Alloy U brake is ok
BRAKE LEVERS: Tektro BMX is ok
FRONT HUB: 36 hole 14 mm axle is kewl
REAR HUB: 36 hole 14 mm axle,if ya have the money change to a freecoaster as it will HELP alot in the LONG run
RIMS: Alex Y-22 BMX is ok
SPOKES: UCP is ok
TIRES: Fstyle/Dirt 20 x 1.85/2.125 could be changed to some primo comets but i recomend ody elm streets
SADDLE: Axiom grab,change for an ody 99er seat
SEATPOST: Steel can be changed to intac ass it will save weight
PEGS: 4 Steel pegs are VERY heavy so get some flatland pegs,i recomend fly bieks suelo(i got em but they are exoensive) and if not them get hoffman day smith pegs
Odyssey SST Oryg Gyro

so that shoudl get ya going good for a flatland set up,BEST thing to change is the bars and pegs though,good luck wid ya riding
leon :D

T

The Worst

What to add? Flatland post #13
stoned-n-happy said:
So, your saying that the flatland tailwhip is really hard, and I shouldnt sweat it?
Dont sweat any trick...but ya its different for all ppl but I couldnt seem to get it for awhile and still cant pull it tottally off all the time

smay

smay

What to add? Flatland post #14
it took me about 1 month,
id learn fork wheelies :).shazam and abracadabra!,sorry listing to ch-check it out by beastie boyz newayz back to tricks umm yeh just go to www.bikeflat.com one of the best flatland sites out there videos and how-to's like crazy go there . do it.! :arrow: 8)

New Topics