What the hell is up with my cassette?

• Discuss What the hell is up with my cassette? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Alright just purchased a used complete back wheel with a Shadow V1 hub.... got it in the mail today to find this... ...
M

MacDuff

What the hell is up with my cassette? post #1
Alright just purchased a used complete back wheel with a Shadow V1 hub.... got it in the mail today to find this:

And all this fell out when I was taking the wheel out of the package...

The thing wont go inside the hub, and I don't know much about cassettes, so pleeeease help me out, I've been waiting for about a month to start riding again...

Last edited:
DanielRobinson

DanielRobinson

What the hell is up with my cassette? post #2
arent they the pawls or something?????

not sure so im not going to try and tell you what to do...

Air-Ox

Air-Ox

What the hell is up with my cassette? post #3
If they are the pawls then the cassette wont work. Go to a bike shop and ask them to look at it.

M

MacDuff

What the hell is up with my cassette? post #4
If they are the pawls then the cassette wont work. Go to a bike shop and ask them to look at it.
Yeah I think they are the pawls, theres like 4 spaces where it seems like these 4 pawls would go into... I have all 4 of them, what do I do with it?

DanielRobinson

DanielRobinson

What the hell is up with my cassette? post #5
take the whole wheel to a bike shop....

it looks like they need putting back in the hub and tightening the non drive side to the hub..

But i am in no way experienced enough to give you advice...

So as said before... Take to a bike shop

M

MacDuff

What the hell is up with my cassette? post #6
take the whole wheel to a bike shop....

Where did you buy this wheel from??
Some guy on eBay... yeah I'll probably just take it to the bike shop... just one question, if the pawls fall out.. what does that mean?

T

Timthekid

What the hell is up with my cassette? post #7
thjats the pawls, it looks like u need new springs which is like a buck, o and u might want to regrease to whole thing.

New Topics