what tensioner?

• Discuss what tensioner? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; okay so i have small droputs, what tensioners could i use? i ride pegs on the right side, so id need a pair that allow pegs, help mee out, im... ...
MrMikexxxx

MrMikexxxx

what tensioner? post #1
okay so i have small droputs, what tensioners could i use?

i ride pegs on the right side, so id need a pair that allow pegs,

help mee out, im sick of my wheel moving on icepicks,.

E RaK

E RaK

what tensioner? post #2
MrMikexxxx

MrMikexxxx

what tensioner? post #3
i saw those, i wasnt sure if i wanted to spend 10 dollars on a small spacer, lol.

any opinions on these?

Pickles

Pickles

what tensioner? post #4
good idea

not worth it,especially adding in the shipping,since dans does it by price and not size. a 350 dollar crank costs more to ship than bars. larger,but cheaper. dans doesnt do it (or any other mailorder Ive found) on size,like they should.

anyway,you should try slamming your wheel,see if that works. You may want to try using a half link chain as well. I got unlucky,I need a half link to slam, some people (like me on my old frame) are lucky and can just break your old chain and not have to replace it.

MrMikexxxx

MrMikexxxx

what tensioner? post #5
i got a half link chain, but its not allowing me to slam lmfao,

i hate my life =[

i need like HALF of HALF a link

1/4 link lmfao

screwwwwwww this.

Last edited:
AustinK

AustinK

what tensioner? post #6
I have the slammers and i love them. If you run pegs be sure to get the adapter as well. Also if you are going to get them when you measure use an allen key.

They are really helpful if you run brakes as your wheel stays in the same spot all of the time.

johnuk

johnuk

what tensioner? post #7
I have profile tensioners. I chose them mainly cos they were the lightest I could find (have a race bike), but I'm not too sure I like the way they work. Rather than hooking over the dropout and then pulling the axle back with a bolt under tension, the bolts press on to the back of the dropout and then push back so they're under compression.

If you imagine you have a hole in the road with something stuck down it, it's more stable if you lie down on the road and grab hold of whatever it is than if you reach down and then try to stand up with it - the profiles do the latter

New Topics