What Size Frame????????

• Discuss What Size Frame???????? in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I'm 6'. Only been riding about 6 months (this time). I'm 38 and used to ride about 20 years ago but it was very different back then. Anyway, i'm now... ...
  • Tags 540 bike bmx
S

steveo

What Size Frame???????? post #1
I'm 6'. Only been riding about 6 months (this time). I'm 38 and used to ride about 20 years ago but it was very different back then. Anyway, i'm now riding down my local park in Leeds, UK. I started with a Haro 540, which is fine but as i'm progressing i want something better, lighter and above all, something that feels the right size. The 540 has a TT of 20.5" but it feels tiny. Will bmx always feel tiny? I will continue to ride parks but i will be on the trails this summer, so what size frame would you recomend. I cant see myself doing much street. Also, if you have a frame / bike in mind, please let me know. I want one bike to do it all. I will want pegs.

Many Thanks

Steve

N

NeonRider

What Size Frame???????? post #2
I dont know dude

i dont know dud im about 5'6 and i have a GT bump that feels to big for me...maybe something like that would work.

B

bruisedbob

What Size Frame???????? post #3
Get something with a 21 inch top tube. I'm 6ft and 31 yrs old and ride a backtrail(haro) but this summer I might get a new frame. I know what you mean about being cramped on a bmx. Try messing around with your bar position and maybe a longer reach stem. Really the only time my bike is cramped is when I'm sitting, so it not a big deal at all. I might get a layback seat post to help a little. Old school is now in session!

R

ridesavolume

What Size Frame???????? post #4
Get something with a 21 inch top tube. I'm 6ft
definately, im 15 and have a "20 toptube frame , so 21" would probably suit you fine. :)

renegade

renegade

What Size Frame???????? post #5
ya prob about 21 around there

T

Trimix

What Size Frame???????? post #6
steveo said:
I'm 6'. Only been riding about 6 months (this time). I'm 38 and used to ride about 20 years ago but it was very different back then.

Steve
Dude, are you sure your name is not Trimix? That sounds EXACTLY like my story, from the age you are, when you quit, to the bike you were riding. I also started about 9 months ago, am 38, and my first bike was a Haro 540.

Go 21" no the top tube man.

New Topics