What parts to replace??

• Discuss What parts to replace?? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey everyone I have a HYPER: Lucas Porzio bike, and most of the parts that it came with were crap. :wall: My spindle broke in half, my cranks... ...
  • Tags bike cranks parts
X Boarder

X Boarder

What parts to replace?? post #1
Hey everyone

I have a HYPER: Lucas Porzio
bike, and most of the parts that it came with were crap. :wall:

My spindle broke in half, my cranks keep loosening, the brakes sucked but i got them replaced, the sprocket bent like shit, and the stem broke (stripped). I hopefully fixed the stem by putting in new SCREWS, yes SCREWS, not the allen key kind, the wrench kind.. :|

Anyway, I have right now a budget of about $250, and want to use it all to replace parts on my bike with better, lighter ones (estimating my bike is around 37-38 pounds). But the problem is I dont know what to get first??
:argue:

What parts matter the most in terms of making the bike lighter? I was thinking of getting a better sprocket, and some new, hopefully lighter handlebars.:hmm:

What parts make the most difference in weight, and what parts should I replace first? Thanks
:prost:

**I'm not really sure what parts the bike has (cranks, sprocket, stem, handlebars, etc) because it was a signature bike, and looks as if their no-name parts**

E

EPMD

What parts to replace?? post #2
Forks
Cranks
Stem
Hubs
Rims

after that is all done.. a new frame

X Boarder

X Boarder

What parts to replace?? post #3
Yeah That's what i was thinking of , upgrading all my parts over a period of time, then getting a better frame.

What forks do you recommend that are light and durable?
Thanks

New Topics