what kind of grease or lubricnt to use

• Discuss what kind of grease or lubricnt to use in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; ok so today was driver treatment time and i noticed that the grease i put in my cassete had turn to liquid and some how leaked out and spread to the... ...
S

stolenwrap69

what kind of grease or lubricnt to use post #1
ok so today was driver treatment time and i noticed that the grease i put in my cassete had turn to liquid and some how leaked out and spread to the spokes and rim causing dirt, little pebbles and other debris to atract to the spoke's/rim/hub area how do i prevent this problem and which grease should i use .i was thinking that the thick grease i put in my driver melted to almost liquid because friction of the cone nuts appling sideways pressure to not make the wheel wobble.

if you have any idea's or suggestions please feel free to post them here.

Thanks8)

A

AustinKO

what kind of grease or lubricnt to use post #2
i use cat grease. the construction grease. what happened was that it got wet and wet and wet and eventually turned to a whitish liquid and started to run out. i would pack it full and get as much as i can in there. lol

S

stolenwrap69

what kind of grease or lubricnt to use post #3
i use cat grease. the construction grease. what happened was that it got wet and wet and wet and eventually turned to a whitish liquid and started to run out. i would pack it full and get as much as i can in there. lol
i dont really want grease to turn to liquid in my cassete and the thick grease that turned to liquid would of eventually dry out and i just dont want my cassete to be messy because its govered with dirt and small pepples

JIP

JIP

what kind of grease or lubricnt to use post #4
Sounds like marine grade bearing grease should do the trick for you.

I

imaddicted

what kind of grease or lubricnt to use post #5
Sounds like marine grade bearing grease should do the trick for you.
Exactly what I was goign to say. My work uses it for loading dock levelers which are exposed to rain and snow all the time and it holds up pretty good....and messy.

S

stolenwrap69

what kind of grease or lubricnt to use post #6
Exactly what I was goign to say. My work uses it for loading dock levelers which are exposed to rain and snow all the time and it holds up pretty good....and messy.
i need a light lube because thick grease heats up from friction becomes liquid then makes my back wheel messy with dirt and tiny pebbles

my casseste will never be by water so thats not a problem

J

JustinE

what kind of grease or lubricnt to use post #7
Finishline Teflon and White Lighting are two bike ones...

I use MP2 made by Gertor...a multi purpose grease..use it on everything of my bike....makes it work perfectly fine..never broke/damaged a part from that.

DiZzyThiZz

DiZzyThiZz

what kind of grease or lubricnt to use post #8
yeah white lightning or any generic white lithium type grease lasts a while. mine never liquifies and i ride my bike many many miles a day.

S

stolenwrap69

what kind of grease or lubricnt to use post #9
i just hope it doesnt leak out and cause crap to get on my spokes and rim

New Topics