What is the difference between dirt,vert,street, flatland?

• Discuss What is the difference between dirt,vert,street, flatland? in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; What is the difference between dirt,vert,street and flatland? Sorry! I'm a total noob. I want to get my son involved in this sport yet I know... ...
  • Tags bike dirt flatland street vert
R

RIDING ROB

What is the difference between dirt,vert,street, flatland? post #1
What is the difference between dirt,vert,street and flatland?

Sorry! I'm a total noob. I want to get my son involved in this sport yet I know nothing about it. I live in Louisville KY and according to our local news, we have the #1 public xtreme park.

I guess my question is whats a good all around $200 bike? DK Cincinati is probably what I'll get him. Unless any of you think I should'nt.

S

slappyslapnuts

What is the difference between dirt,vert,street, flatland? post #2
dirt = jumps made out of dirt Popular for air tricks and so on not much tecnicals, vert = ramps that are verticle at a point in the ramp Meaning lots of air and so on, street = just riding streets and so on finding places to do tricks such as grinds and then flatland is alot to do with balance which if your son is young he will get board of very quickily as it takes LOTS of practise and balance + for alot of people is not as fun but when done properly looks very cool and has helped some riders do better at Vert and so on, the DK Cincinati is a very good bike for a starter when he gets better after a year or something he can upgrade parts and so on, you can search on the internet for further details and videos

R

RIDING ROB

What is the difference between dirt,vert,street, flatland? post #3
Thanks! That was the exact info I was looking for.

O

oldman

What is the difference between dirt,vert,street, flatland? post #4
flat, you dont get board of quick, you just need to start with the right tricks and build from there. i am almost 30 years old, when i started riding , around 1985, there was no categories, just riding. get a good all around bike and let the child figure his own, just be supportive.

S

slappyslapnuts

What is the difference between dirt,vert,street, flatland? post #5
i ride freestyle which might be a good idea for your son, i can do some flatland bar hops so on and grind street lots of dirt and vert tricks

J

Julle^

What is the difference between dirt,vert,street, flatland? post #6
Oh, I wouldnt say no to have you as my father.
If he knows about he is going to get a bike, then ask what he likes most. Vert, street, dirt or flatland. As someone said, flatland needs a lot of practise and it can make you bored if you're not patience. Like I am. I wouldnt stand practise flatland. Oh well you've got all info you wanted from the others, so I dont need to say more.

F

FOL

What is the difference between dirt,vert,street, flatland? post #7
oldman said:
flat, you dont get board of quick, you just need to start with the right tricks and build from there. i am almost 30 years old, when i started riding , around 1985, there was no categories, just riding. get a good all around bike and let the child figure his own, just be supportive.
Don't forget that you are dealing with children. They can get dedicated to something very tight, but on the other hand, get bored very very quickly.

S

slappyslapnuts

What is the difference between dirt,vert,street, flatland? post #8
thats why i said it, flatland with a child has the potential to get bored in a second when you cant get those little moves or the basics

renegade

renegade

What is the difference between dirt,vert,street, flatland? post #9
i agree just see what he likes

New Topics