What Is The Best/strongest Sproket

• Discuss What Is The Best/strongest Sproket in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I Bent the crap out of my last sprocket, mostly because it was stock, and i need a sprocket, perferibly with a guard, that will last. ANY IDEAS ...
bmxombie

bmxombie

What Is The Best/strongest Sproket post #1
I Bent the crap out of my last sprocket, mostly because it was stock, and i need a sprocket, perferibly with a guard, that will last. ANY IDEAS

Minitrix

Minitrix

What Is The Best/strongest Sproket post #2
Odyssey Million Dollar Sproket.

M

marks86

What Is The Best/strongest Sproket post #3
Tree...

ATP

ATP

What Is The Best/strongest Sproket post #4
Tree for sure...you could track down a guard for it too.

M

MATRIX

What Is The Best/strongest Sproket post #5
TREE...not even a contest

sledneckadam

sledneckadam

What Is The Best/strongest Sproket post #6
Macneil

Matrix your post makes me want a tree sprocket to bad they don't make a bash guard one :(

erikasLT

erikasLT

What Is The Best/strongest Sproket post #7
Macneil

Matrix your post makes me want a tree sprocket to bad they don't make a bash guard one :(
they make guards for tree, but not for 25t. Yeah tree is the strongest, then odyssey comes next. I have tree and i love it!

bmxombie

bmxombie

What Is The Best/strongest Sproket post #8
Between the Mosh Method Chainwheel and the Macneil Guard Chainwheel, what is the better choice

ATP

ATP

What Is The Best/strongest Sproket post #9
Tree, because the Mosh and Macneil even with a guard (guardsdo not make them stronger, they deflect impacts to the teeth) arent nearly as strong as a Tree. The design is so flawless to me, I have impaled the shit out of my Tree, not one messed up tooth or even a bend (keep in mind I have a 25T, stays true better)...

sledneckadam

sledneckadam

What Is The Best/strongest Sproket post #10
Ok the question now is whats a good chain that can stand being bashed against concrete, metal and wood or anything else your throw it onto?

Busades

Busades

What Is The Best/strongest Sproket post #11
J

jawn

What Is The Best/strongest Sproket post #12
Ok the question now is whats a good chain that can stand being bashed against concrete, metal and wood or anything else your throw it onto?
Wippermann 1G8 :>

B

Beto

What Is The Best/strongest Sproket post #13
S&M full bash guard maybe, a friend have 33t one, and he has no complaints

Wildbill

Wildbill

What Is The Best/strongest Sproket post #14
Tree, with KMC 510HX chain is very very strong.

ATP

ATP

What Is The Best/strongest Sproket post #15

Oh man, I'm prolly about to get owned, BUT, my theory...

Its is only thicker in the guard, which is around the outer part of the sprocket, sure its better to hit on direct impact because you are not hitting the teeth, but the sprockets overall strength wouldnt be any better for other drivetrain stress...

Own me if you must, I would rather have it right then wrong and telling people false things...:D

Davey

Davey

What Is The Best/strongest Sproket post #16
Shadow v2 nearly industructible

moldaz

moldaz

What Is The Best/strongest Sproket post #17
^^ not true i know so many people that have snapped them from just hitting it once.... and i say the odyssey MDS best sprocket i have ever owned... it has been smashed soo hard and still not bent....

720 TAilwhip

720 TAilwhip

What Is The Best/strongest Sproket post #18
oddesys look really strong in person

S

screwglue

What Is The Best/strongest Sproket post #19
exactly, whipperman 1g8 or whatever its called is strong as hell, u cant use a chain guard with that though. no need cuz its thick as hell. im thining tree still

hey anyone know if there is a bash guard for medusa light?

sixdegrees

sixdegrees

What Is The Best/strongest Sproket post #20
Shadow v2 nearly industructible
They're pish..... they snap, they stretch, they're just no good, no 1/2 link chains are. The design of a 1/2 link has a built in weakness, the bend in the link, it was to straighten out.

Wipperman make a strong 1/2 link which is good for adding to a normal chain but overall 1/2 link chains are 2nd rate to normal chains.

KMC z510HX, Wipperman or Loophole chains are the way to go.

:)

New Topics