What is the best freecoaster?

• Discuss What is the best freecoaster? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I know someone has probably posted something like this before but I really would like to know which freecoaster is the best for the money. ...
organizedrage

organizedrage

What is the best freecoaster? post #1
I know someone has probably posted something like this before but I really would like to know which freecoaster is the best for the money.

Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

What is the best freecoaster? post #2
Chainless, verrryyy good for its price, and very strong. Won't engage on you also. I'm currently chainless

organizedrage

organizedrage

What is the best freecoaster? post #3
Chainless, verrryyy good for its price, and very strong. Won't engage on you also. I'm currently chainless
i did chainless for a while but there are too many hills where i live now and i dont want to have to pump my way up hills.

S

STLNRider13

What is the best freecoaster? post #4
i did chainless for a while but there are too many hills where i live now and i dont want to have to pump my way up hills.
Either the first gen federal or the khe ACB reverse, maybe even a first gen alienation rush.

T

the bodj

What is the best freecoaster? post #5
yah its super fun. i did that for a few weeks, untill i got my new chain.

Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris

What is the best freecoaster? post #6
yah its super fun. i did that for a few weeks, untill i got my new chain.
I kind of want to put back on chain cause I'm getting tired of pushing, but I hate faking with a cassette. Freecoastin' is so much fun

organizedrage

organizedrage

What is the best freecoaster? post #7
I kind of want to put back on chain cause I'm getting tired of pushing, but I hate faking with a cassette. Freecoastin' is so much fun
sounds like you should buy a freecoaster then......

G

givertits

What is the best freecoaster? post #8
new khe or the alienation there both amazing designs, you can adjust the slack threw the axle

A

abdrider

What is the best freecoaster? post #9
new khe or the alienation there both amazing designs, you can adjust the slack threw the axle
seems like you could have a could argument with kkmk.
you should pm him that remark.

M

Marcus Poopy

What is the best freecoaster? post #10
well basiclly you are asking which hub is better?....the nanki, the poverty or the KHE
all the hubs on danscomp right how KHE internals.

DAN1991

DAN1991

What is the best freecoaster? post #11
What about Sym?

4341Krew

4341Krew

What is the best freecoaster? post #12
Tuff Neck Ftmfw

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

What is the best freecoaster? post #13
my vote goes for a Nankai coaster. techno if you are pegless, Bamboo if you grind. they have unsealed bearings, which is actually the best part. all the other hubs with sealed bearing have been known to explode, but you can't explode a Nankai hub because there are no sealed bearings to shatter.

the KHE Reverse ACB (with and angluar contact bearing) sounds promising as well.

if you can get an old Odyssey Reloader or Poverty coaster, those are supposed to be very reliable as well.

first of all, you know they are the same thing right? second, through-the-axle slack adjustment is the most useless feature on a hub ever. why would you actually use that?

organizedrage

organizedrage

What is the best freecoaster? post #14
Thanks for all the info so far. Does anyone still know if G-Sport is still going to come out with a freecoaster?

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

What is the best freecoaster? post #15
Yes they will still be making a freecoaster go check out their site or attempt again to watch that video I posted where George demos the prototype. I would think it would be coming out soon but who knows.

A-J

A-J

What is the best freecoaster? post #16
ian swartz or however his name is spelt rides with a poverty coaster

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

What is the best freecoaster? post #17
ian swartz or however his name is spelt rides with a poverty coaster
which is no longer made and nearly impossible to find. it's basically the same thing as the old Odyssey Reloader.

and i don't know if Ian is still running a Poverty hub. maybe, maybe not.

organizedrage

organizedrage

What is the best freecoaster? post #18
Yes they will still be making a freecoaster go check out their site or attempt again to watch that video I posted where George demos the prototype. I would think it would be coming out soon but who knows.
yeah i was able to get the video to work. that hub looks very nice and i think thats what im going to wait for. seems to have the most logical design and probably gonna be the lightest too i would imagine. that hub is just plain bad ass! hahaha. is there any info anywhere else on it?

G

grafittijunkie

What is the best freecoaster? post #19
Haven't tried the ones with adjustable slack with the allen wrench but i do have the reverse acb. although it hasn't broken yet i would still prefer the geisha over any of khe's other freecoasters. if you are going to get a freecoaster get a geisha, don't be intrigued by the adjustable slack with the allen wrench. the geisha is the best freecoaster I have ever riden. geisha is not the most expensive freecoaster but yet it isn't the cheapest.

LVNrider

LVNrider

What is the best freecoaster? post #20
which is no longer made and nearly impossible to find. it's basically the same thing as the old Odyssey Reloader.

and i don't know if Ian is still running a Poverty hub. maybe, maybe not.

ian runs a poverty shell with khe internals (also the 3pc EAS axle) as far as i know
if you are going to get a coaster and don't grind i strongly recomend a geisha with 3pc axle as the EAS puts less stress on the bearings and therefor makes the drivers bearings last longer
i ran one and now am going to purchase another and sell my profile as they are so much fun and i had no problems at all

New Topics