What is stronger.

• Discuss What is stronger. in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Well i could be wrong but im sure im not here and anyways i think 14mm is stronger that 10mm... ...

Whats stronger, 10mm or 14mm axels

• Total voters
E

EPMD

What is stronger. post #1
Well i could be wrong but im sure im not here and anyways i think 14mm is stronger that 10mm...

fitvanhoman666

fitvanhoman666

What is stronger. post #2
14mm hollow axel

w3zl01d

w3zl01d

What is stronger. post #3
depends on...

it depends for what wheel it is

10 mm is good enough for front and for the back 14 mm

O

oibmxpunx

What is stronger. post #4
fitvanhoman666 said:
14mm hollow axel
yup that what i have on my back i have 3/8 in the front

F

federal_rider12

What is stronger. post #5
i will say 14mm but it depends on the brand. i have bent a 14mm axle so i bought a kink 14mm axle, i think that was the brand?, and it hasnt bent. i have bent more 10mm axles though the only ones i havent bent nore broke were hollow 10mm, very weird

fitvanhoman666

fitvanhoman666

What is stronger. post #6
i got the profile mini hub in the front, its got studs, its strong as hell

L

leon_luxton

What is stronger. post #7
10mm is stronger :wink:

M

Mr_Shrapnel

What is stronger. post #8
Why even ask?, its quite blatant that 14mm are MUCH stronger than 10mm, it only logical!.
oh and 14mm hollow are NOT stronger than solid 14mm axles, they have very good strength to weight properties (i even run one) but they are not stronger categorically.

RuLe

RuLe

What is stronger. post #9
next time i buy a front hub i am gonna get it in 3/8 unless its a way expensive hub like the profile, ill get 14mm but if u get 3/8 and dont do grinds like (double grinds or smiths) then its all good. and buy some 14mm convertors for it if you need too but 3/8 will save you some weight and if u dont care about weight get 14mm for sure

O

oibmxpunx

What is stronger. post #10
fitvanhoman666 said:
i got the profile mini hub in the front, its got studs, its strong as hell
i want the tree hub it has studs to and its f*cking sweet

I

infantry43RIDER

What is stronger. post #11
but god damn that thing is like 105 bucks.

F

federal_rider12

What is stronger. post #12
i paid $100 for my demolition wheelset but now i only use the front wheel since i got my cassette now

fitvanhoman666

fitvanhoman666

What is stronger. post #13
yea dude the tree hub is so sweet but i got this wheel for a good deal............... and hollow 14mm is stronger then the solid 14mm cause it has walls inside the axle and ive bent solid 14mm axles and ive seen it happen before and never with a hollow one before hmmmmmmm....... :roll:

E

EPMD

What is stronger. post #14
Mr_Shrapnel said:
Why even ask?, its quite blatant that 14mm are MUCH stronger than 10mm, it only logical!.
oh and 14mm hollow are NOT stronger than solid 14mm axles, they have very good strength to weight properties (i even run one) but they are not stronger categorically.
i knew 14mm was stronger but leon was saying 10mm was stronger and i said i will make a thread to see which is stronger.. so thats how it is

F

federal_rider12

What is stronger. post #15
ive bent a 14mm solid axle but i havent again since i actually have quality 14mm solid axles and im a extremely rough rider im not smooth one bit at all, my bunnyhops are pretty rough too but i like being this way its cool but harsh on parts

F

federal_rider12

What is stronger. post #16
oh yeah you should hear my back wheel hit when i land my bunnyhops, my new wheel, which is almost a week old, has quite a few loose spokes and its already woblly but i wrecked quite a bit over 3 days of riding and like i said im rough

S

sentaafEQpovar

What is stronger. post #17
Re: depends on...

w3zl01d said:
it depends for what wheel it is

10 mm is good enough for front and for the back 14 mm
unelss ur like me, and u cant grind good, then when trying smiths and double pegs, your front axle gets bent... ive even bent 14mmm front axles

S

sentaafEQpovar

What is stronger. post #18
RuLe, from my observatinons, converters wont do a thing, cuase they will bend on the axle where it is 10mm, on the spoit inbetween the hub and converters, ive used them before

fitvanhoman666

fitvanhoman666

What is stronger. post #19
if you do smiths and doubble pegs on a 3/8s axle it should be fine as long as you keep the hub tight and the nuts

I

infantry43RIDER

What is stronger. post #20
yea just keep up the maintaince and 3/8 hubs will last.

New Topics