What is considered a light bike?

• Discuss What is considered a light bike? in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; what is considered a light bike just like has in a wieght: i was looking at a mirra and it wighed about 34 pounds is that light and the Nyquist... ...
  • Tags bike cranks
N

NeonRider

What is considered a light bike? post #1
what is considered a light bike just like has in a wieght:

i was looking at a mirra and it wighed about 34 pounds is that light and the Nyquist wieghed about 32...i want to know becouse my bike feels way to heavy for me i mean way way way to heavy for me...its a GT bump and it also feels to big for me.

B

bruisedbob

What is considered a light bike? post #2
My backtrail weighs 32 lbs. That's pretty average I think. It should be a little lighter after my new parts arrive (profile cranks, odyssey lite cassette, pedals and chainwheel) but that's not what I'm going for. Trimix, a very wise man, once gave me a piece of advice as I was complaining about sore knees "You're probably just not used to this yet".
Easiest way to lighten your bike is to ride, ride, ride. One day you won't even notice how heavy your bike is. Oh and push-ups help tons.

O

orangebeast91489

What is considered a light bike? post #3
i know a guy with a 17 pound mod bike..but its a trials bike..its drilled to shit..his cranks have dimples to save some weight lol

U

underdog

What is considered a light bike? post #4
my bike is 24 lbs i dont use brakes

Clutch

Clutch

What is considered a light bike? post #5
underdog said:
my bike is 24 lbs i dont use brakes
So how much would it weight with brakes? 32lb...

Grow some muscles people... I think for some of you it would be better to spend some money on some decent sneaks and just jump around in the air...

L

leon_luxton

What is considered a light bike? post #6
i would say about 29lbs is a good weight of a bike..heavy is like 34lbs+ like mine used to be :roll: and light is like 25lbs-

Canadian_BMX

Canadian_BMX

What is considered a light bike? post #7
my bike weighs 30.5 lbs it feels pretty good to me

T

Trimix

What is considered a light bike? post #8
leon_luxton said:
i would say about 29lbs is a good weight of a bike..heavy is like 34lbs+ like mine used to be :roll: and light is like 25lbs-
I agree Leon. 29 pounds is nice....mine is a little toooooo light, but with two more pegs and front brakes.....it might be perfect. I am just having fun with the back wheel right now :)

New Topics