What I did today......

• Discuss What I did today...... in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hello all, good session today, and just like you learn more riding with friends, I like to hear what everyone is learning. Being....uh.... a little... ...
  • Tags bike bmx manual shop
T

Trimix

What I did today...... post #1
Hello all, good session today, and just like you learn more riding with friends, I like to hear what everyone is learning. Being....uh.... a little older, there are not a lot of contemporaries at the parks I ride with......SO....I learn from asking and others.

Today I learned that manuals are MUCH easier with some speed. I have been trying them for weeks, slowly, and that IS NOT the way to do them (at least for me).

Moving much faster helps...I pulled one today that would impress about anyone :lol: only thing is if you loop you are running like the six million dollar man (who?) or on your ass!

Feel like I learned a lot today....

E

EPMD

What I did today...... post #2
Im learning how to make money :D

buy a bike!

but im just riding around in my basement trying tailwhips on flat ground and i can almost get the bike all the way around :) ...it will help me with faster whips at least

I

infantry43RIDER

What I did today...... post #3
haha.
trimix i know exactly what you are talking about...about the looping out of manuals...man i still do that sometimes and end up running like beavis from Do America.

C

casperh

What I did today...... post #4
haha yeah one time when i did that my bmx slipped out of my hands and hit a shop, as i rode away fast, i could see the boos coming outside and shit like that :)

415fsxrules

What I did today...... post #5
casperh said:
haha yeah one time when i did that my bmx slipped out of my hands and hit a shop, as i rode away fast, i could see the boos coming outside and shit like that :)
the boos lol

F

FOL

What I did today...... post #6
I could only try manual today because of the bad weather....a very bad session again :?

T

Trimix

What I did today...... post #7
I rag on about how it's 75F and sunny (again today 8) ) but I do have to say I FEEL for those that live in places like Minot SD, and Buffalo NY, Wisconson, etc......or in France, UK stuff like that. Cold and rain sucks, and I DO understand how crappy it is not to be able to ride.

Why aren't there more inside parks where you all live? I guess I have it all.....hahahahaha Sun, beaches, parks, warmth, women.....

(this is where Infantry says "I hate you Trimix")

F

FOL

What I did today...... post #8
I hate you Trimix

(I made it easier for you infantry, you can just quote me ;))

oh yeah and I have to say it wasn't due the bad weather that I sucked :S

I

infantry43RIDER

What I did today...... post #9
i do hate your trimix.

im moving now. 8)

S

sentaafEQpovar

What I did today...... post #10
is looping when u pull up too much? yeah, here in cali.... nor cali even, it rains like once every two weeks, and its usually dry enough to ride during the rain.... onlything stopping me is im sick

I

infantry43RIDER

What I did today...... post #11
yea dude looping out is when you pull up too much.

F

FOL

What I did today...... post #12
or hang backwards too much, I assume

I

infantry43RIDER

What I did today...... post #13
yea...that as well.
basically anything where as you are falling on your ass and the bike just loops out in front of you.

N

NiNo

What I did today...... post #14
Due to the fact I've got my new bike in winter of England I aint had too much time to ride but while I have had time I have improved, I can now bunnyhop about a foot when on my old bike it's about 4 inches, I have easily managed to 180 on a grass bank and can do a 90 degrees off the ground (cant get the 180 from flat ground) and have also done a few bigger jumps before but tabletops to start with, one thing I aint really practiced is manuals, I can do them for about 5 foot and thats it my front comes down, so I need to practice and find my balance point there, I also wanna learn to do a 180 of a small single jump at slow speed, I can do about 110 degrees and thats all for now.

B

bruisedbob

What I did today...... post #15
Trimix said:
. six million dollar man (who?) or on your ass!

Feel like I learned a lot today....
Right there with you old man. Here's the kicker, do you remember the episode or special with Bigfoot and the Bionic Woman? Still can't find anyone that recalls that, but I hang with a younger crowd.

Oh, I'm 31 and getting back on topic. Manuals and bunnyhops are way easier at speed. I've been using empty boxes to jump over, they just give that realistic affect. For manuals I get my arse down over the tires leaving my arms extended but relaxed. This puts me in position and lessens the amount of pull needed to lift the front.

New Topics