what freecoaster?

• Discuss what freecoaster? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; ok my federal is pissing me off, had new bearings replaced to many times, and now its just to much of a hassel, but i dont really want to go back to a... ...
A-J

A-J

what freecoaster? post #1
ok my federal is pissing me off, had new bearings replaced to many times, and now its just to much of a hassel, but i dont really want to go back to a cassette, had a go on my mates bike and i cant fakie for shit no more lol.

i run 2 pegs, but soon to be 4, and i want one which dont need to much maintainance.
what would you recomend for me?
rep will be given :)

if they are all pretty un reliable, what casste would you reckomend?

Last edited:
mack_turtle

mack_turtle

what freecoaster? post #2
if you want a freecoaster and you don't want to do any maintenance, you are asking the impossible.

the Nankai Bamboo has a strong axle and a proven, STRONG freecoaster mechanism. however, it has unsealed bearings which require a little more maintenance. yet again, the sealed bearings are the problem on your federal coaster, so an unsealed hub would solve that if you can stand to get your hand dirty once in a while. the Bamboo is the only coaster on the market now that i know is strong and reliable. if you dont like unsealed bearings, man up and get over it. it's worth it to have a hub that doesnt explode if you want a coaster.

i have heard good things about the ACB Reverse. have you gotten all the upgraded bearings and stuff from Federal? have you tried installing the ACB (angular contact bearing) upgrades? i think Federal might give you those things for free.

A-J

A-J

what freecoaster? post #3
federal sent me new bearings, and nylon bushings to help last longer.
and i never said i dont want to maintain it, i said one which wont need to much maintaince

but rep for your help :)

J

Jamie

what freecoaster? post #4
its not that they are unreliable, possibly its that you are too strong on it. Dont use any pedal pressure at all when coasting back.

A-J

A-J

what freecoaster? post #5
i dont use pedal pressure

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

what freecoaster? post #6
how is it breaking? i mean, what part specifically is breaking and where? have you asked Federal for advice?

a lot of people are having problems with these hubs breaking, but a lot of people are also having no problems at all. someone is doing something right.

A-J

A-J

what freecoaster? post #7
seases up so i cant pedal but wheel still moves, bearings exploding been replaced a couple of times already by federal

wethepeople1

wethepeople1

what freecoaster? post #8
i heard that profile freecosters i pretty good mate

Tomsimple

Tomsimple

Member of the month
what freecoaster? post #9
man my federal coaster is fine. the bearing around the driver is slightly rough but everything else is perfect. you must be doing something wrong cos ive used pedal pressure and it still hasnt died

JoeyWinkle

JoeyWinkle

what freecoaster? post #10
Profile make freecoasters? i thoguh they were SS shells with nankai internals.

A-J

A-J

what freecoaster? post #11
man my federal coaster is fine. the bearing around the driver is slightly rough but everything else is perfect. you must be doing something wrong cos ive used pedal pressure and it still hasnt died
what could i of done wrong tho?

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

what freecoaster? post #12
I would keep your Federal and wait for the G-coaster should be out within the next year or two

A-J

A-J

what freecoaster? post #13
im not waiting a year or 2 for another wheel when i could do with it now.

X

XboxKid

what freecoaster? post #14
The nankai bamboo is the only decent one on the market at the moment. Tbh i think freecoasters are to expensive and time-consuming to run, just get a decent cassette hub.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

what freecoaster? post #15
Marcelwk

Marcelwk

what freecoaster? post #16
seriously.. jwnolte should go work for nankai.. I think he's sold their hub about 20times now:D

Tomsimple

Tomsimple

Member of the month
what freecoaster? post #17
i dunno what you could be doing worng. you could try getting a ceramic bearing for it?

A-J

A-J

what freecoaster? post #18
i could try :/

kenbillmary

kenbillmary

what freecoaster? post #19
can you get Nankai Bamboo's in the uk?

kenbillmary

kenbillmary

what freecoaster? post #20
??????