what exactly is a fakie?

• Discuss what exactly is a fakie? in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hi, I'm just starting freestyle bmx and the term "fakie" pops up often and I don't really have a clue what it is. However, I've seen enough riding now... ...
  • Tags endo fakie
E

enfusion81

what exactly is a fakie? post #1
Hi, I'm just starting freestyle bmx and the term "fakie" pops up often and I don't really have a clue what it is. However, I've seen enough riding now to have an idea what it is but I'm still not 100% sure.

So, fakie is when you pedal backwards? It's rolling backwards (rollback)? K, today I was practicing endos and I tried to, um, fakie after the back lands. I pedaled backwards but the I can't enough momentum from the endo to roll back. I dunno, i just wanted to mention this.

Anyone can explain the fakie to me? Any tips on doing them would be cool too, like if it's easier to fakie while sitting on seat or standing.

L

leon_luxton

what exactly is a fakie? post #2
i think a fakie is were you land a trick backwards!!!

E

evanc

what exactly is a fakie? post #3
leon_luxton said:
I give you a 10 for enthusiasm, 3 for typing.

Yeah, Fakie is when you land backward and roll out.

L

leon_luxton

what exactly is a fakie? post #4
evanc said:
leon_luxton said:
I give you a 10 for enthusiasm, 3 for typing.

Yeah, Fakie is when you land backward and roll out.
cool man!!!

I

infantry43RIDER

what exactly is a fakie? post #5
yea and there isn't really an easier way to do them...some people stand up and ride fakie and others sit down on the seat...which ever is better for you...

New Topics