what do you want outa your pedals!

• Discuss what do you want outa your pedals! in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey, what is it that you look for in a pedal? im just in the throws of working up a design for a new pedal that i wont to produce in towards the end... ...
trickythomas

trickythomas

what do you want outa your pedals! post #1
Hey,
what is it that you look for in a pedal? im just in the throws of working up a design for a new pedal that i wont to produce in towards the end of summer.

Im at uni and theres a sweet entrepreneurial scheme that ive got invovled with and trying to start up a small product company.

pedals seemed a good place to start as there really hasnt been major progress in there design since there invention and im sick of loosing pins on the few grinds that i do, and dont wont to fit a grind plate.

Got a few ideas, but what is it that you guys look for in pedals???

Tricky for life!!

guitar4lif3

guitar4lif3

what do you want outa your pedals! post #2
grip, lak of weight, strength.....would like summin geared toward grinding. like say the outer half of the pedal a grind plate, and the inner half pins. just a thought.

I

itsallinthemix

what do you want outa your pedals! post #3
as light as possible & as grippy as possible

The Radness

The Radness

what do you want outa your pedals! post #4
The main downfall i see with most pedals is the hardware. Usually the pedal body itself is fine but all the hardware is shit. Something grippy but if you shin yourself you don't need 344 stitches.

Personally i would love to see some sealed plastic pedals with some removable pins and grip tape.

ATP

ATP

what do you want outa your pedals! post #5
I look for a good strength to weight ratio, ability to use different pins, heat treated spindle/axle, maybe allow for a Titanium spindle/axle, Bushings, not bearings, and a somewhat thinner pedal body, but not like Trailkings, just similar to the Fly pedals.

Wildbill

Wildbill

what do you want outa your pedals! post #6
I think Trailkings for what i do is just about as perfect as they come. I love having thin pedals coming from sealed primo pros which are thick as hell. Somthing strong although i don't really bend pedal axles. No bearings, i love the bushing system! It works so well. I love how on the 07 trailkings all the pins are screwed in fro munderneath so it wont be a problem to replace them. Also they dont have many pins(6 per side) and still grip very well. So if you could improve on that design id love it.

blkbike

blkbike

what do you want outa your pedals! post #7
I look for grip and a larger pedal body lke the demolitions. I know thats what the majority of us use here in the North West. I also need set screws for grip and when when my pedals are a lil wet. I dontlose a huge amount of pins so its not a factor for me, but you could use the design like the shadow pedals or the atomlab design.

B

band aid

what do you want outa your pedals! post #8
i have ody cielincki's i have lost 0 pins over 1.5years. well actually i lost twelve [the replacement ones i had.] my next pedals are the demolition team. i look for a cool look and weight.

The Radness

The Radness

what do you want outa your pedals! post #9
i hate bushings, they ovalize so quick for me.

T

Timthekid

what do you want outa your pedals! post #10
hmm, my kind of pedal is lightwieght, grippy, strong, right kind of metal, and a cool color.

animla hamilton or flys!

Carsten Bonde

Carsten Bonde

what do you want outa your pedals! post #11
Id want a strong and light pedal..

It kill the company if my pedal broke at a landing and sliced my leg open

Matthew

Matthew

what do you want outa your pedals! post #12
-bushings instead of bearings and one bolt that tightens them so they stay tight and spin nice and slow (without ratteling)
-lightweight and a narrow body
-pins should have a hex key hole all the way through rather than jsut at the end, so that if the pin snaps i can still get it out the pedal

takeivy21

takeivy21

what do you want outa your pedals! post #13
Weight for pedals doesnt affect me, they are just pedals. I look for something simple but grippy. I dont do a lot of pedal grinds but replaceable pins would be nice. I am a big fan of the Snafu concave and Primo Balance, maybe those two meet somewhere in the middle

Q

Quen

what do you want outa your pedals! post #14
i like the 10 pin design of the animal hamiltons, but instead of having some have the hex in the top, have them all screw in from the bottom so you can take them out even when they have been ground down level with the pedal. also need to be sealed. maybe have grind plates like on the RIFRAF pedals have on one side. sealed is a must or those new polyurathane bushings or whatever. light because of weightwhore-ism. lots of unique colors. grip tape seems to help a little bit in some places...

S

Snake Lizard

what do you want outa your pedals! post #15
Narrow plastic pedal with bushing and replaceable pins. That's the perfect pedal.

D

dirkadirka

what do you want outa your pedals! post #16
something that doesnt kill your shins. like short fat grip pins and some good grip tape or something like that.

plastic pedals are awsome too. maybe some sealed bearings in those?

D

dirkadirka

what do you want outa your pedals! post #17
and lots of colors!!!!
I hate new pedals that only come in red, black and grey.

purple, blue, black, gold, silver, ti, orange, brown all those, green

Q

Quen

what do you want outa your pedals! post #18
something that doesnt kill your shins. like short fat grip pins and some good grip tape or something like that.

plastic pedals are awsome too. maybe some sealed bearings in those?
good call! yeah plastic, sealed, pins that screw through the bottom, maybe just pins on the side because it's the pins that go a caross that usually catch your shins (and it would hurt anyway even if you didn't have pins there), have the option of having just grip tape, like just a flat or concave surface, but with no hole through or anything, and lots of colors like black, white, green, purple, light blue, blue, red, orange, etc.

New Topics