what do u guys think about skaters

• Discuss what do u guys think about skaters in the NBR - Not BMX Related forum in area BMX-Forum Community - more stuff; hey, i was talking to a friend during 2nh hour. and we started talking about biking and skatebording, and i was wondering what u guys think about... ...
  • Tags bike bmx
B

BMXrideordie

what do u guys think about skaters post #1
hey, i was talking to a friend during 2nh hour. and we started talking about biking and skatebording, and i was wondering what u guys think about skater's. i have no problem with them really, its just the type that wright RideBmx, and start saying "bmx sucks u guys ride around our skatepark making blackmarks...". those type's are just F ed up. and the type that think they are better than every one else.

I

infantry43RIDER

what do u guys think about skaters post #2
skaters are awesome...i have no problem with them whatsoever.

now...the ones that write to the magazines complaining and stuff are generally young weak minded skaters...who just hear ONE person say something bad about riding and they believe it...they are young though and just don't realize they are being completely retarted.

but skaters are pretty damn cool...i have like 4 friends that skate.

C

casperh

what do u guys think about skaters post #3
i agree skaters are damn cool but in my place skating facilities are very bad but all young kids are dressing themselves as bueerhk "skaterboys" bueerhk i think this is totally retarded because it makes them spend money on expensive brand-clothing and they dont even skate, the ones who do skate know better , they arent dressed like stereotype sk8erboys. :?

F

FT rider

what do u guys think about skaters post #4
older skaters are definitely better like where i ride most loads of skaters go to and all the younger ones are like "f*k off you pussy go try something hard" and all their doing is half-rotated kick flips with out even attempting to land it, but the older guys are really cool they like know when you do something big/tech and if theyr filming themselves and they see you do something they film you coz they appreciate that your trying something just as they are and that theres not really that much of a difference between the 2 sports.

F

FOL

what do u guys think about skaters post #5
mano o mano... moved: 'all other stuff'

and ontopic: I don't mind skaters...I can watch them riding (of course less than bmxers) but I don't mind. They are just humans doing their sport, just as we (bmxers) do.

S

sentaafEQpovar

what do u guys think about skaters post #6
same thing as u guys, cept some skaters hate ppl who go around the skatepark recklessly with no brakes or regard for anyoneelse and shit like that.... i bet u guys hate scooters huh? imo from watching them they are more similar to bike than rollerblades and skateboards are
ie the way they pull up and like the kinds of tricks done and shit

F

federal_rider12

what do u guys think about skaters post #7
i dont have ne probs with skaters considerin i skate too the only skaters ive ran into that hate me ridin bmx r stuck up bastards who cant even skate ne ways but can talk and thats all

S

sentaafEQpovar

what do u guys think about skaters post #8
lol, there are these rollerbladers at my park that are hella good and do mistyflips and all that shit, but wtf, i rarely rarely ever see them riding, how did they get so good, they are there all day long but they only ride for a total of like 5 minutes ove the whole time

E

evanc

what do u guys think about skaters post #9
Skaters are awesome. Anyone can ride a bike, at least sem decently (look at me), but few people have the precise technical skill to skate [well]. It's ****ing impressive.

I

infantry43RIDER

what do u guys think about skaters post #10
that is true.
skating is something not everyone of us learns at the age of 2.

RuLe

RuLe

what do u guys think about skaters post #11
I only like 4 skateboarders just because all of the other ones i no think they are so cool and can do anything they want.

me and my friends will be at a spot and doing stuff and grinding and they will come with 10 other skaters when its liek only 3 bikers then when we go to grind they get all pissed because we get in their way and always start shit.

Mostly the reason i dont liek them is because if they are talkative and say was sup or something and dont talk shit i will think their cool but the ones that look at you and dont say shit and laugh or whisper shit.

Also skating isnt that hard, i give props to skaters that can bust tricks out even if it is a kickflip or heelflip but land it 8/10 of the time. I always see skaters down here land like 1/10 kickflips. Only hard problem with skating is noing balance and then learn how to allie, but once u get that all u do is kick the board to the left or right or kick your foot right but push your back left and blah blah. I used to skate like in 2000 and it took me 1 month to allie which sucked it was so hard at first. Once i got that that same year i learned Kickflip, Heelflip, Sexchange, BigSpin, Hardflip, 180, Pop Shove-it's, BoardSlids, 50-50, 5-0, TailSlide, Nose Slide, and some tricks i could combine liek 50-50 to 180 or pop shove-it and I only landed like a varable flip 5 times but thats when i started quiting just because boards brake easy and u fall alot MORe and hit your ankles / shens all the dam time it got tiring and talkign abotu that. it got tiring pushing the ****ign thing too.

Thats why i can tell if someone skates. one leg is bigger then the other because they push wood

F

federal_rider12

what do u guys think about skaters post #12
evanc said:
Skaters are awesome. Anyone can ride a bike, at least sem decently (look at me), but few people have the precise technical skill to skate [well]. It's f*ck impressive.
lol ive seen it both ways some girls that live near me wanted to try and ride my skateboard but they need someone to hold them up but they can actually ride a bike but then one of my old friends couldnt even ride a bike but could push and balance on a skateboard, but really i cant see how it is so hard to do either??? skateboardin is easy to me as soon as i got on one i was ridin and i dont push mongo like beginners and kids who just cant push regular and i skate a few times a month maybe more or if my bike isnt in my car and i find somethin to ride since my skateboard is always in my trunk

B

bruisedbob

what do u guys think about skaters post #13
Nice to see all the love in the house. Next time some jerk says to do something hard, show hiim the bike and tell him to do something easy. It will either start a brawl or shut him up. If its a brawl I say you might have the upper hand. I have put on fifteen pounds of muscle after three months of serious riding. Skating never bulked me up like that. (I don't condone fighting, but..)

E

evanc

what do u guys think about skaters post #14
I'll stand by what I've said earlier; it takes some serious skill to be good at skating. This kid, Phil, who lives near us is hella good. He's got a part in the video we're producing in, like, 3 weeks. He can switch double flip like no body's business. BMX really isn't that hard (unless you go super-tech), guys. *pours gas on the fire*

F

F.A.C.P.

what do u guys think about skaters post #15
I am just starting bmx. I am actually a skater. I have really good friends that are in bmx and we are all cool and respect eachother. Most of us skaters are cool with bikers but there are some assholes that hate them, but most of my skater friends hate fruitbooters more than anyone. I know some people are gong to tell me to stick with one thing but I have a need to try new hardcore shit that is challanging.

D

Devourment 138

what do u guys think about skaters post #16
there is no differance...one has 2 wheels, and one has 4....the question is..what do you think about....legalizing homicide

RuLe

RuLe

what do u guys think about skaters post #17
skaters get ****ing everything here, schools, skateparks, and more. ****ing skaters go on campus at are school and never get yelled at but when i get kicked out of school they say we worry about skaters more , we dont care about bikers because they dont mess up are cement but when i told him i dont skateboard and i bike. he didnt say anything and changed the subject but when u go to the school u will see bikers get kicked out and skaters dont unless theirs 10 people of course

of and 1 more thing. are school likes skaters so much and believe me.... they had a skateboard compatition at are school with wooden ramps and it was sponsered by volcom i believe and they gave out for 1st, a complete skateboard, 2nd - a deck, 3rd - a ribeen saying placed 3rd in blah blah.

I

infantry43RIDER

what do u guys think about skaters post #18
all i have to say is...

go kill yourself.

F

F.A.C.P.

what do u guys think about skaters post #19
all I have to say is...
i wish i was at your school that day

and that really sucks...I have never heard of a school like that but dont blame all skaters

B

bruisedbob

what do u guys think about skaters post #20
Rule, you need to get a grip and stop moaning about this and that. Oh nobody at our school held a bmx competition.. Did anyone (you or other) try to organize one? These guys probably got a lot of support because they worked at it. If you try and be persistant (annoy the hell out of them and get parents behind you) , you might be surprised.

New Topics