What bmx for dirt? post #1
looking to buy a complete bmx for dirt.
got around £300.
give me some ideas....
cheers people

S

sentaafEQpovar

What bmx for dirt? post #2
for some reason, whenever i go to bike shops, they always have some schwinns on discount for like 250 instead of 350... usually like the atomatic... or at least it was like that at all the bike shops 3 years ago when i would always go to them

M

Mr_Shrapnel

What bmx for dirt? post #3
X

XIII

What bmx for dirt? post #4
Fit Complete

M

Mr_Shrapnel

What bmx for dirt? post #5
unless you want to pay a little more for the fit, it only comes with a one piece crank...unlike the federal. but yes, the fit is still very good for the price.

J

jimbob2

What bmx for dirt? post #6
whats your thoughts on the hoffman rhythm IL1.
been reccomended it by a friend.
its £335 at customriders.com

isn't the federal more of a park/street bike?
like the fit, but ideally want 3 piece cranks.

cheers

M

Mr_Shrapnel

What bmx for dirt? post #7
hmmmm firstly i dont think you quite understand the classifications of bmx. see, youve got dirt/trail riding, street, park, flatland, and race. ok but im sure you knew that, the reason why i say that you dont quite understand the classifications of bmx is because if a bike can be used for say dirt with no problem, then there is nothing stoping you from riding it on street or in a park is there? no. the federal will be more than perfect for dirt and trail riding, will be fine for parks, and will hold up well for street too. hell its probably even light enough to race on, and you could even do a few flat links on it too (alltough its not tooooo suited to flat).

just because some shop or your mate says that "this is a dirt bike" it does not mean anything, as im sure you will find out when you ride for a bit longer.

i will say it again: in england the federal foundation is the best bike you can get for £300

el nombre

el nombre

What bmx for dirt? post #8
I think he understands the classifications just fine. I'm pretty sure he realises that just coz it's a dirt bike, it doesn't mean that he can't use it for anything else but geometry changes for different types of riding so there will be differences

M

Mr_Shrapnel

What bmx for dirt? post #9
well he clearly doesnt otherwise he would not have suggested that the fedral foundation is not suitable for dirt, which is total balls, its perfect for dirt.

oh and geometry? ok sure flatland bikes clearly do have adifferent geometery to other bmx bikes. race bikes too (just very slightly). other than that ANY geometry is fine for ANY terrian, as long as it suites YOU fine. go and tell inman that his bike is se up too long, and thus cant ride street, because you are "supposed" to have a short bike for street. bollox.

J

jimbob2

What bmx for dirt? post #10
i didnt say you couldn't use the federal for dirt. i said its more of a park street bike!

i ride nearly all dirt, and no street or park, so a dirt bike would be more suited! hence the thread title, "what bmx for dirt?"

surely a "worse" bmx desgined for dirt will be better than a slightly better bmx which is designed for street and park!

a top of the range unicycle could be used for park riding, but i wouldn't advice you get it for riding parks!!!

M

Mr_Shrapnel

What bmx for dirt? post #11
ahhhhhhhhhhhh WHY CANT THE FEDERAL BE USED FOR DIRT, IT IS A MINT FRAME, AND WILL BE PPPPEEEEEERRRRRFFFFEEEECCCCTTTTT FOR DIRT!!!!!

why dont you think it is suited for dirt, the weight? its like under 30lbs FOR THE WHOLE BIKE!! thats light, the frame is perfect for dirt as are the parts, the hoffman will be no better for dirt at all.

W

wonder_coot

What bmx for dirt? post #12
GET THE FEDERAL FOUNDATION!
It looks fine in black!

M

Mr_Shrapnel

What bmx for dirt? post #13
it does not matter what it looks like **** sucker, he wants to know if it will be good for dirt, AND YES IT WILL BE GREAT FOR DIRT, AS WELL AS PARKS/STREET, i really cant see your reasoning when you say its "more of a park/ street bike" IT IS NOT, ITS PERFECT ALL ROUND!!

im telling you to buy it because i want you to get the best damn bmx for £300 you can get. the federal IS that bike.

el nombre

el nombre

What bmx for dirt? post #14
im telling you to buy it because i want you to get the best damn bmx for £300 you can get. the federal IS that bike.
Do you own this bike by any chance. I sense a bit of bias towards it from you

M

Mr_Shrapnel

What bmx for dirt? post #15
no i do not own it, in fact i own nothing made by federal at all, my bike is a culmination of different bike parts, and my FRAME is made by twenty (you may have seen it in dig, i think thats where they mainly advertise)

web site here: http://www.twentyvelocross.com/

the reason why i am telling you to buy it is that YES i am biased towards it because IT IS THE BEST £300 BIKE YOU CAN BUY IN THE UK. note how i said it is.....because IT IS!

please tell what you have against this bike

el nombre

el nombre

What bmx for dirt? post #16
I have nothing against it. Its just the way you talk about, you sound like a salesman that's really trying to get rid of something. Do you have any other recomendations other than the federal?

M

Mr_Shrapnel

What bmx for dirt? post #17
no

el nombre

el nombre

What bmx for dirt? post #18
fine then.

F

federal_rider12

What bmx for dirt? post #19
ok bikes only differ from street/dirt, flatland, and race so as long as it is street/dirt its fine for street, dirt, and park sure companies sometimes make a bike more intended for dirt or street but it doesnt mean it has to be for what it was more built for and thats only in a few cases not a bunch

also i ride federal division and its a great frame(mine is not a complete i built it) and it is perfect for street dirt and park since it is lightweight, strong, and is very stiff also it is slimmer then most other bikes helping with spins

New Topics