what bike to buy

• Discuss what bike to buy in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hi im new to the sport of BMXing and i need to get a starter bike. i was wondering what you guys started with and if you have any reccomendations.:D ...
S

S I K E R N I N G

what bike to buy post #1
Hi im new to the sport of BMXing and i need to get a starter bike. i was wondering what you guys started with and if you have any reccomendations.:D

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

what bike to buy post #2
Premium Solo, Stolen Wrap are the two best beginner bikes IMO. They are affordable and built well enough that you'll be able to get a good amount of use out of all of the components on them. I started out on a mongoose decade from toys r us (Crap bike but I loved it because I bought it.)

At1x

At1x

what bike to buy post #3
Kink Whip

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

what bike to buy post #4
^^ I really don't get why so many people think this is such a great bike Hi-Ten rear triangle = bent frame within a week (at least it did for me when I switched to street). Plus it's over priced in general.

cgfxmosh

cgfxmosh

what bike to buy post #5
Don't forget about the DK 6-pack, great beginner bike imo

Ecko

Ecko

what bike to buy post #6
Premium Solo, Stolen Wrap are the two best beginner bikes IMO. They are affordable and built well enough that you'll be able to get a good amount of use out of all of the components on them. I started out on a mongoose decade from toys r us (Crap bike but I loved it because I bought it.)
He's right. The Premium Solo and Stolen Wrap are amazing bikes for the price. You want full chromo, otherwise you'll find yourself paying much more to fix your bike every time it breaks.

Red Horn

Red Horn

what bike to buy post #7
Kink Whip
Why do you keep saying that? A bike, any bike is not a good bike without a full CroMo frame. Why spend more for less???

When enough money is in hand their Transition, Roc and Apex are prime choices. Especially Trans & Apex.

JMcdonell

JMcdonell

what bike to buy post #8
haro backtrail x-01 is a super sweet bike.

IB Street

IB Street

what bike to buy post #9
I started with a haro f2, I would reccomend to you either a dk or a premium for starting.

Red Horn

Red Horn

what bike to buy post #11
Blaceye pistola
Not bad. Hold the price low by spcing loose ball hubs, but with double wall rims +. A worthy candidate for upgrade wheels when the starters are trashed ;)

At1x

At1x

what bike to buy post #12
A beginner, doesn't need a full chromo frame unless he's gonna ride it hard jumping from 10 stairs.

Red Horn

Red Horn

what bike to buy post #13
^ It does not take a lot to snap a frame where the strong metal (CroMo) meets the weak (Hi-Ten). Why advise someone to pay more for a bike with a scrap metal frame. Beginners all grow and a non CroMo is not worthy of upgrades.

ROB THE ERT

ROB THE ERT

what bike to buy post #14
trial and error kid

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

what bike to buy post #15
A beginner, doesn't need a full chromo frame unless he's gonna ride it hard jumping from 10 stairs.
Yes but frames are expensive and since there are cheaper bikes than the whip with full chromo frames and comparable parts, why in the world would you buy or recommend a beginner buy a whip. And actually I had a bike with a hi-ten triangle when I switched from dirt to street. After the first week of learning to grind I had bent the rear triangle, since then I have always strictly recommended full chromo frames. You must account for that simple fact that a beginner will not be nearly as smooth as a seasoned rider, and therefore will place more stress on components in some situations ( Grinds, Stalls, ramps, jumps, 1s, 3s and so on).

At1x

At1x

what bike to buy post #16
Yes but frames are expensive and since there are cheaper bikes than the whip with full chromo frames and comparable parts, why in the world would you buy or recommend a beginner buy a whip. And actually I had a bike with a hi-ten triangle when I switched from dirt to street. After the first week of learning to grind I had bent the rear triangle, since then I have always strictly recommended full chromo frames. You must account for that simple fact that a beginner will not be nearly as smooth as a seasoned rider, and therefore will place more stress on components in some situations ( Grinds, Stalls, ramps, jumps, 1s, 3s and so on).
There's just no point of me saying anything, you'll just think of something new.

/argument

Last edited:
S

S I K E R N I N G

what bike to buy post #17
i think im gonna get the Stolen wrap 2007.

i can get it for £200 which is good!!

full chromo and weighs 13.38 Kg!

New Topics