What age?

• Discuss What age? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I am approaching [B]fifteen[/B] years of age soon, and I'm really wondering whether it's too late to start? As all of you have probably done at some... ...
I

iJoe

What age? post #1
I am approaching fifteen years of age soon, and I'm really wondering whether it's too late to start?
As all of you have probably done at some point, I want to become a professional bmx'er but people like Bruno Hoffman are already pro, and started many years before me.

I went to my first "sesh" last week, only for two hours, but thoroughly enjoyed myself, and I think that I did quite well. (I didn't try dropping in though).

It's just, have I left it too late if I want to become a professional at the sport?

Help?

<3.

M

Marcus Poopy

What age? post #2
its never too late. but if your doing it for the wrong reasons, then you shouldnt bother starting.
this sport is for fun, its not a sport where you have to go for morning practise before u go to school because if u suck u wont make the team.
its hanging with friends, having a good time, gettin some excersize.
and if you end up really good, then so be it. but u gotta have fun.

n00bsauce

n00bsauce

What age? post #3
If you really enjoyed it, maybe it's for you. It's probably very hard to become sponsored/pro, but as for fun, I don't think it's too late to start BMXing. I'm 14 and I just started, and I love it, even though I'm not that great (at all). I just love bikes and things with wheels...

Dilmah Green Tea

Dilmah Green Tea

What age? post #4
Professional?
Its never too late to ride, just ride to enjoy it not to hope to become paid for it someday..

I learnt to ride a bike when i was 11 and started bmx when i was 13.

abelattack

abelattack

What age? post #5
yeahh im 15 soon (1st november)
and i started like a year ago, if you work really hard at it and is something you want to do then you may be able to
but i dont ride enough to make it pro

SnK

SnK

What age? post #6
15? You've got to be joking, its the perfect time to start.. Not only are you growing now, and bulking out, but you'll be able to develop skills and other stuff at a young age, also most bike frames at the 20.5 sizes will fit you and you don't have to go to the lower 18" frames and grow out in a month. Ha! They may be a lil big but you'll grow into them. I was 16/17 when i started so your fine. Trust me.

fit bike co

fit bike co

What age? post #7
i started wen i was 15 yo'

fit bike co

fit bike co

What age? post #8
yeahh im 15 soon (1st november)
and i started like a year ago, if you work really hard at it and is something you want to do then you may be able to
but i dont ride enough to make it pro
i ride enough to have fun, i dont ride to become a pro

abelattack

abelattack

What age? post #9
yeah i ride for fun
but even if i tried i wouldnt be able to make it pro
im not good enough

Air-Ox

Air-Ox

What age? post #10
Unless you have BRILLIANT natural talent and previous bike experience you will not become pro.

I

iJoe

What age? post #11
Thank you very much everybody!

:clap:

I appreciate all of these comments.

I'm having problems dropping in and bunny hopping (I'm riding a Mongoose RAF Pro 2005 - quite a heavy bike)

Thank you, keep 'em coming!
:hihi:

ANiMaL xNJx

ANiMaL xNJx

What age? post #12
i think if you're riding to become a pro...

but seriously... bmx is something you should do for fun, that's why it's called a hobby. but if you're that set on becoming a pro, then 15 is a good age to start.

SnK

SnK

What age? post #13
^ and something different to offer than other riders..

tonysgt

tonysgt

What age? post #14
i didn't start until i was 16 i think 15 is the perfect age because thats about when you start getting some muscle and you can control the bike better

I

iJoe

What age? post #15
It's hard to explain, really.

I am doing BMX for entertainment and enjoyment, but, if you like, my motivation is coming from getting better (and sponsors etc.)

Thank you all for your posts :)

Great forum :clap:

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

What age? post #16
There's not real point in going pro, very few of them make allot of cash doing it and it's not something you really become famous for outside of the BMX community anyway. Everyone rides for fun and exercise basically. I say go ahead start riding and if you get good enough see if you can enter in some local comps.

Air-Ox

Air-Ox

What age? post #17
Also most pros started racing when they were like 5. this gave them bike control , they then went into freestyle at like 12.

manualking

manualking

What age? post #18
Im 19 hope i didnt start to late to learn tricks.

I

iJoe

What age? post #19
Maybe I should look to music to become famous (;

Epiphone Gibson Les Paul w/ Policeman's Strap FTW?

<3.

J

Jak

What age? post #20
its the wrong approach to start bmx in the hope to be a pro. the sad truth is it will proberably not happen.. although it could and if you really go for it its very possible.

but start bmx to have fun like most of us. progress at your own pase and maybe youll get a sponser
maybe you wont? who cares just have fun mate

do it for the fun and friends not for the recognition and the money :D although all four would be nice :D haha

good luck
and its never to late to start

New Topics